Complaint Review: Solavei

• Reported By: justinmt — Nashville Tennessee
Solavei

Solavei Roaming Transparency, or lack there of. Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Solavei uses T Mobile's network

Here is the body of an e-mail I got today with the subject High roamer.

Dear Member:

Thank you so much for your membership in Solavei.  Together, we are working to change lives for millions through lowering the cost of commerce every day.

What we are trying to do is not easy.  Technology can sometimes present challenges we need to work together to overcome.

As you know, our mobile service  and data plan is unmatched in the industry.  One of the hallmarks of that plan is unlimited talk, text and data on the Solavei network.  We know how much of a difference that makes for all of us as we grow!

Sometimes, without your knowledge, your phone can roam over to another network if their tower sends out a stronger signal.  This can happen even when there is a great Solavei signal available to you.  This ends up costing all of us at Solavei a lot of money, and we have earmarked this money to return to our members like you in the form of compensation.

You may not even be aware this has been happening on your phone.  Dont worry, we arent going to bill you for it.  However, our agreement with you says that your phone must be used primarily on the Solavei network. Your account information shows that your usage of off-network data roaming is far beyond the level that the network can support, in order to protect costs for all members.

We have therefore moved to limit your ability to use data when roaming off the Solavei network.  If you notice a significant change, please understand that our intent is to sign up members in our service area, and if you primarily operate outside our service area this might not be the right service for you.

The great news is that you will still have great voice and text services in those roaming areas as though we didnt make a change.  Our company will remain profitable and continue to be able to share the profits with members like you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Your Solavei Team

Per the tracker on my android phone, I average about 1.5 GB a month, or 50 MB a day. I would say that's accurate since I typically only access data to read the news, check Facebook and Twitter, e-mail, etc. I also live and work in Nashville, TN - an area well covered by T-Mobile.

What's insane is that Solavei essentially admits that it probably wasn't intentional. Despite that, without any notification or warning -- giving me an opportunity to realize this was an issue and correct it -- I am no longer allowed to use data while on AT&T's towers.

What's even more ridiculous is that this e-mail came a few hours after my service was renewed for the month.

I started with Solavei's service in November, at launch. I will be ending my service in May.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2013 06:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Solavei/internet/Solavei-Roaming-Transparency-or-lack-there-of-Internet-1040791. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Solavei

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Solavei uses T Mobile's network

AUTHOR: Free Cell Service - ()

Solavei is not the problem-it's your distributor.Relationship: *Consumer SuggestionReport: Your complaint is not with Solavei, and there is no email you are referring to. The complaint should be about the distributor who I will assume signed you up for Solavei and you are just not making any money.

95% of MLM people don't make money due to a lack of leads or a lack of cash flow to promote their own business. You sound disgruntled and anyone can post a ficticous email.

The complaint is with your distributor so you should file a Ripoff report about the distributor so others don't have the problems you experienced.