Complaint Review: Solavei

• Reported By: bholt — Spring Branch Texas United States of America
Solavei

Solavei Useless, unresponsive, unreliable, deceptive , Internet

*Consumer Comment: Looks like it went wrong but it wasn't Solavei's fault

Run Run Run Run if you were thinking about using Solavei. Unfortunately I am a Solavei customer and I have several hundred dollars invested and cant leave at the moment.

Problems : 1 Solavei uses T-mobil network. I thought this was a good idea and a good network. My reception where I live is poor, Im on the edge of their service. Calling Solavei to report poor reception is useless and YOU CAN NOT call T-mobile. If your phone number is not with them they will not help you. Solavei's response was live with it or leave the service.

Problem : 2  I bought a no contract T-mobile phone from T-mobile on line. I paid the full price. I was VERY VERY specifiic about my carrier (Solavei) and tyhat I wanted the HOTSPOT capable phone and I wanted to be able to UNLOCK the phone because Solavei was my Carrier.  The SALES people for T-mobile said there were no problems with what I wanted.

Now that I have the phone, T-mobilew refuses to UNLOCK the phone. The sent an email saying I didnt paythe full price for the phone, that I bought a prepaid Kit (This is a BLANTANT LIE) and that I had to activate the phone with T-moble for 60 days and have so much money in time to have them unlock the phone.

Then Solavei tells me I can pay a company to unlock my phone !!!!!!  Solavei is exremely limited in what it can do to help anyone with their phone, any phone  !!!! The will tell you t call T-mobile of the manufacture of you phone. T-mobile doesnt want to help you and in most cases wont help you because you are NOT a T-mobile customer.

The Solavei customer is left to fend for himself. Im to tired to keep writing about all the BS and Crap about what Solavei willNOT do for their customers and the fine print I didnt read or have told to me by the guy promoting the service.

And Last but not least !!!! SOLAVEI IS NOT UNLIMITED USEAGE !!!!!

They will (and did to me) throttle you down if you use what they consider to much data. This specifically in my case means using a hot spot on my Tablet.

No One From Solavei and I mean No One has EVER EVER EVER sai anything other than the service is UNLIMITED !!!      The small print somewhere says they WILL THROTTLE you back. All the way until your next billing cycle.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2013 01:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Solavei/internet/Solavei-Useless-unresponsive-unreliable-deceptive-Internet-995737. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Solavei

Looks like it went wrong but it wasn't Solavei's fault

AUTHOR: expertlearner - (United States of America)

I think what happend to the autor could happened in any company, It was missunderstanding in between him and the sales people from Tmobile first. The sales guy told him the phone worked for Solavei but maybe he didn't know about the existence of Solavei, he just wanted to make the sale and get his quote done so he said yes (remember they are not partners, Solavei bought wholesale minutes from them and that's it).

About not having coverage in your area, well, that happen to a lot of people in any company. I had Att a few years ago and the coverage in my job area was 0. Next time look for a friend that go to your place and help you find out if there is good coverage.

About Solavei unlocking your phone, well, they can say no, I think. I understand its hard to receive a no when you have already the phone but, hey, why didn't you buy the phone from Solavei? Guess what, they are selling one at $99 and giving back $20 monthly for 5 months = FREE phone.

About that Solavei is not unlimited, well, before joining them I did the whole investigation and it's there, 4Gigs at 4G and the rest at 2G, this is better than all other companies.

Now, in my case it went good until now. I was in MetroPCS, I moved last week and and the plan looks good. Unlimited voice, text and the best unlimited data plan in the market with 4Gigs at 4G and te rest at 2G. Everything for $49 or less, no membership or hiden monthly fees, just paying $49 as in any other company. So let say I don't refer anybody, everything is ok, I'm gonna be paying the same, easy, and anything more is profit.

Yesterday I got my free phone from them and today was good. I did some calls, downloaded apps and everything good. So I consider Solavei is helping me at least giving me a good service and is a good oportunity for everybody. I'm now using nice techniques to let more people to know about Solavei and if you want I can help you to do the same. Go to www.myphonepaysback.com