Complaint Review: Solid Gold Sound

• Updated: Thu, July 10, 2008

• Reported By:Las Vegas Nevada
Solid Gold Sound
www.solidgoldsound.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Solid Gold Sound, A Solid Gold Sound Solid Gold Sound high-pressure NOT local, lies and DID NOT SHOW UP Las Vegas Nationwide

I found Solid Gold Sound on a web search where an ad came up for $495 disc jockey any event. So I called and they took my information and sent me a very impressive package in the mail.

As I talked with them I was impressed by their "experience" and how many events they had done. They led me to believe that they were located in Las Vegas (I found out later that they are not).

I ended up booking them based on price and what turned out to be lies about their reputation.

A week before my wedding I called them and wanted to talk to my dj and the person stammered and I felt like maybe they didn't have a dj for me or something. They assured me I had a DJ and he would call me by thursday (2 days before).

Thursday came and no call so i started looking on the internet and saw all the complaints here at ripoffreport and got scared. I called a couple other djs and found one that was available and who agreed to match their price in order to help/save me.

One of these djs had worked with solid gold before and explained to me how they work. Pretty much, solid gold is a booking company and has no control over the djs. They have several people in each city and put out a "bid" for each event - the cheapest bid gets the job!

Turns out solid gold pays as little as $100 to local "djs" to do their events for them, now what kind of quality dj would you get for that!?!??!? Solid gold says their djs have lots of experneice but i have to think that for $100 they can't have that much experience!

he also sent me a copy of the email that solid gold sends out to the djs in each town, this is a direct quote:

"Please indicate your top picks for this weekend and the price you are willing to do the event for, we will respond back with a confirmation email and the price for the show. (NOTE: there will be multiple bids for each show and we will choose the one with the best cost)"

So I ended up booking this new local dj and cancelling solid gold, I lost my deposit but i think that was better than not having a DJ!

Solid gold does hard-sell tactics, they called me every day, they have pretty mailers but they use cheap local djs who are the cheapest price for them. you never know how much experience they have and you are lucky if they even show up.

Vegas bride
Las Vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2008 10:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Solid-Gold-Sound/nationwide/Solid-Gold-Sound-A-Solid-Gold-Sound-Solid-Gold-Sound-high-pressure-NOT-local-lies-and-DI-349616. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Solid Gold Sound