Complaint Review: Solid Signal

• Submitted: Thu, June 18, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, August 13, 2012

• Reported By:Stanwood Washington
Solid Signal
25225 Regency Drive Novi, Michigan U.S.A.

solidsignal.com solid Signal Deceptive advertising, to sell Inferior product at higher cost than lower cost higher quality Novi Michigan

*UPDATE Employee: Please contact me, I have been trying to reach you

*Consumer Comment: Your not the only one Ripped Off by Solid Signal

I went to Solid Signals web site to order qty (2) Channel Master CM 7000 digital converter boxes, while looking up the information I noticed a "comparison chart" for different products I unfortunately looked at it, and due to the deceptive way it is prepared, making deceptive statements about Dolby Processing involved with other more expensive (but junk) converter boxes, I ordered hem instead. After they were received I discovered that neither of them work 1/2 as well as the Channel Master I had been loaned to use from a friend. I contacted Dolby Labs about this and discovered from Sr. Manager, Global Compliance Dolby Laboratories, Inc. that they were already aware of the problem, and the copyright/name infringement involved. (it appears they are taking action as well).

I then contacted Solid Signal about the problem, and was flatly told "the government does not allow any exchanges for any reason" (I doubt this also includes fraud that ends up ripping off the consumer as well as the US Government) I have failed complaints with my states attorney generals office, and of course with the FBI due to this situation crossing state lines, and using the US Mail to perpetrate consumer fraud. I also intend on letting Channel Master know how their less costly, but higher quality product is being used as an example of inferior quality product, and doubt they will be too pleased about it either.

The funny thing is, I would have (at the time of the call) accepted to exchange the 2 boxes (return shipping at my expense) for 2 lower cost Channel Master Converter Boxes, and let them keep the difference! But the rude tone of voice from the harpie that returned my call from Solid State (due to the high volume of calls they are getting , makes me wonder how many other folks have discovered they have been ripped off?) I am now so annoyed that I chose to let the legal folks know about their fraud, and let every on line Consumer Rip Off warning site such as this one, to save consumers from being ripped off as I have been by this dishonest company.

Robert
Stanwood, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2009 06:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Solid-Signal/Novi-Michigan-48375/solidsignalcom-solid-Signal-Deceptive-advertising-to-sell-Inferior-product-at-higher-cos-462769. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Solid Signal

Please contact me, I have been trying to reach you

AUTHOR: Solid Signal - (United States of America)

There is no case pending with the state Attorney Generals office. Our company takes pride in our excellent customer service. I have tried to reach you several times and Im having trouble doing so. I want to make sure that this is not a trick from one of our competitors to soil our reputation.  If that is the case we will follow with legal action.  However, if there is truly a problem, I do want to help you get what you need please contact me at ss@signalgroupllc.com.

Thanks,

Stuart

Your not the only one Ripped Off by Solid Signal

AUTHOR: Charles - (United States of America)

"Solid Signal" is under investigation by the Michigan State Attorney Generals Office for mail order fraud and running a scam business specifically intended to defraud the public. And still  Amazon allows them to advertise on their site knowing this !

Being that I am a senior supervisor at the New Jersey State Internal Revenue Service (I.R.S.) , I have contact the  Michigan I.R.S branch and  submitted this company for a full Tax Audit that will require records for the last 5 years.

If you have been scammed by these people please contact the Michigan I.R.S. office at (313) 628-3722 with any information about their practices .