Complaint Review: Solid source Realty

• Submitted: Wed, September 28, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, August 09, 2012

• Reported By: Winonna — Wheaton Illinois U.S.A.
Solid source Realty
3056 N. Clybourn ave. Chicago, Illinois United States of America

Solid source Realty Agent Jason Reiner This agent refused to provide service and discriminates against buyers he just don't like, violating equal housing opportunity laws. Chicago, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: I appreciate this agent's answer...

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Solid Source Realty & Jason Reiner Did Nothing Wrong

*Consumer Comment: Musings

Firstly, the receptionist sounded very rude and I had to ask three times to direct me to an agent to find out about a property.  When I finally talked to the listing agent, Jason Reines, he said he will call me back with more details and never did.  When I called him back he seemed even ruder, shouting and saying " what do you want" and hung up the phone on me.

This is obnoxiously un-professional behavior by a business and clearly violates equal housing opportunity laws as he discriminates on which client he wants to sell the property to. I hope people reading this will spread the word and report this to the proper authorities before you do any business with them.  If you think it might not happen to you, their the illegal business momentum will get worse and this behavior can really get out of control. This will eventually affect you or the public and the whole economy in a very negative way.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2011 02:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Solid-source-Realty/Chicago-Illinois-60618/Solid-source-Realty-Agent-Jason-Reiner-This-agent-refused-to-provide-service-and-discrimin-782516. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Solid source Realty

I appreciate this agent's answer...

AUTHOR: jschilf - (United States of America)

....but it doesn't solve why this agent takes too long to respond to interested parties long before the property gets an offer.  Maybe he was on vacation?  I don't know - but I want to know.  Conveying information like he has above is important.   I've lived in this neighborhood for more than half my life.  The unit itself has been taken off the market and put back on several times - I've been watching it for over a year.  I just think that interested parties deserve the courtesy of a response in a timely and fashionable manner.  In real estate, time is of the essence and I am let down by this agent's response time (or lack thereof).  I can honestly say that in the future, I will probably avoid any property represented by this agent or Solid Source Realty.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Solid Source Realty & Jason Reiner Did Nothing Wrong

AUTHOR: Solid Source - (United States of America)

In response to the inaccurate information that was provided by a disgruntled buyer on 9/28, the property that she was interested in is a bank owned property that I am not allowed to represent her on.  The banks policy is NO dual agency and since I represent the seller, I could not represent her.  She was told this by my assistant and myself but she insisted on placing an offer to the bank through me.  I am also insulted that she felt that I discriminated against her as we have never met and I have only spoken to her on the phone twice.  I have never discriminated against anyone as I am a minority myself.

It is a shame that whenever a person does not hear what they want to hear, they can publicly slander someone online and get away with it.  To the person who posted the slanderous rant, good luck with all of your future endeavors.

Musings

AUTHOR: zeroarctic - (USA)

I imagine there is more than one side to this story.......
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC