Complaint Review: Solo Communications, AT&T, Enhanced Services Billing, Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, January 01, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, January 03, 2011

• Reported By: Alpha-Omega — Chicago Illinois U.S.A.
Solo Communications, AT&T, Enhanced Services Billing, Inc.
Chicago, Illinois United States of America

Solo Communications, AT&T, Enhanced Services Billing, Inc. Unauthorized charges to my ATT home phone bill Chicago, Illinois

*General Comment: AT & T Rip off

*Author of original report: RESULT CONTESTING CHARGES ON HOME PHONE BILL

So I just received my AT&T home phone bill by e-mail as usual and it is a total of $32.14 has been added to my bill by some company SOLO Communications for ESBI (Enhanced Billing Services) I have never heard of or encountered before.

YES...Indeed my BILL has been ENHANCED to the tune of $32.14 I am not paying this and am filing a complaint with AT&T on Monday 01/03/2011.

This has got to be the biggest ripp-off ever. I am very grateful to the other people who filed reports on www.ripoffreport.com or I would not have so much information to battle these bogus charges. I will not be paying for these charges that are on my bill.

I never signed up for any service(s) with any company called SOLO Communications. If worse comes to worse I will just not pay it. I will tell AT&T I am paying my rehular bill and omitting this amount from my payment.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2011 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Solo-Communications-ATT-Enhanced-Services-Billing-Inc/Chicago-Illinois-60645/Solo-Communications-ATT-Enhanced-Services-Billing-Inc-Unauthorized-charges-to-my-ATT-677513. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Solo Communications, AT&T, Enhanced Services Billing, Inc.

#1 General Comment

AT & T Rip off

AUTHOR: Karen - (United States of America)

I live In Louisiana and I have been noticing these same charges on my phone along with my mother's phone bills. We have both complained and all AT&T said was they are not responsible for third party billing. They can not do anything about the charges, we just do not pay that part, We have contacted the third billing party and received no answer.

RESULT CONTESTING CHARGES ON HOME PHONE BILL

AUTHOR: Alpha-Omega - (U.S.A.)

I called At&Tand requested a refund of the $32.14 charged to my home phone bill. I also requested that At&T put a block on my account preventing any and all 3rd party companies charging services I never requested to my AT&T account.

The woman I spoke with was helpful and accomodating and she removed all the charges and implemented/facilitated the block. She also told me to call SOLO Communications and explan what had been done; since, it was a possibility that now that they could not charge my AT&T bill they might try and send me a separate bill for services I never signed up for or requested.

I called SOLO Communications at 1-888-288-3724 and spoke with a customer service representative. I explained that AT&T had already removed all the charges and placed a block on my account that would prevet them from charging me in the future. This woman at SOLO Communications was definitly not happy hearing how proactive I had been in dealing with this issue. Yes, I called AT&T and requested their help first.

This woman at SOLO Communications went on to say that I was not calling the company that billed me I was calling the company that was providing the service. OH PLEASE-LOL.Additionally, she told me I had signed up for their services by responding to an on-line survey. I NEVER TAKE ON-LINE SURVEYS-I KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DO. That was a bold-faced lie.

In the past I have had 2 other experiences such as this and both those companies were sued in class-action law suits and are now no loner operating. So I am aware and observant.

Most of the time this is the result of some pop-up that appears on some site and just an inadvertant click of the mouse signs you up for something you never intended to sign up for. This is a very deceitful and rampant practice on the internet so one must be diligent in reviewing unusual charges encountered on monthly bills. How on earth these people ever got my home phone# which is private and unlisted I have no clue. I definitly never put it out on the internet.

I explained that was impossible. The woman I was speaking with explained that since AT&T had removed all the charges all she could do was CANCEL THE ACCOUNT. WOO HOO THAT MADE ME VERY HAPPY. The account has been cancelled and I was given a CONFIRMATION# with 7 digits to prove it.

So happliy SOLO Communications-ENHANCED BILLING SERVICE INC, will never be able to ENHANCE MY AT&T bill again.

My advice to anyone who immediatly catches charges such as this follow the exact same protocol. Just be very polite and factual with your phone company representative and they will assist/help you. They took my complaint very seriously and even noted this website as a place to check and see how many customers are experiencing this with this particular 3rd party company. So HAPPY DAYS-Just wanted to share my experince and resolution.

thrown