Complaint Review: Soma Intimates

• Submitted: Tue, July 12, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, July 19, 2011

• Reported By: Rosemary — Wharton Texas United States of America
Soma Intimates

Soma Intimates missing panties--order not filled as advertised multiple cities, Internet

*Author of original report: saga of the missing panties

*UPDATE Employee: Rebuttal to Soma Intimates Missing Panties

After receiving an email offer of a sale of ladies underwear, buy 3 get 2 free, I placed a large oder for 4 different styles. In placing the order, I expected to list 3 in the quantity section & have the 2 free pairs added to the order. I was not convinced the website had been programmed to accept orders the way the sale worked, but having many good experiences in Soma stores, I proceeded with the order.

The box arrived yesterday & to my dismay, the 2 extra pairs of panties of each kind were not included. The invoice had some inexplicable discounting, but not totaling the value of the missing underwear. Trying to talk to customer service was like talking to an East German government employee before the wall came down.

I have spent a good deal of money at Soma & it's parent clothing store Chico's and believed they could look up that figure & determine I was a valuable customer....wrong!

In a time of recession & much lower consumer spending, how hard is it to embrace the true concept of customer service? After 3 phone calls in which I was put on hold endlessly, I still have no resolution. All I want is the 2 free pairs of panties of the styles I ordered, which by their pricing would total $173.

I would never have placed this order except for the advertised sale of buy 3 get 2 free. How hard can customer service be in this situation with a good customer?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2011 08:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Soma-Intimates/internet/Soma-Intimates-missing-panties-order-not-filled-as-advertised-multiple-cities-Internet-751803. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Soma Intimates

saga of the missing panties

AUTHOR: Rosemary - (United States of America)

Soma's customer service never tried to straighten this out. I took the entire box into the Soma store closest to me...45 miles away...and hunted for the always helpful store manager there. Only bacause she actually LISTENED to my complaint, heard what I wanted, agreed what I wanted was indeed w/in the sale guidelines (5 pairs for EACH 3 pairs purchased) did she understand the problem & take the time to return every single item & sell it back to me the way I wanted it in the first place.

As far as I'm concerned, the customer service people at Soma need to all be fired & new employees who understand the concept of customer service need to be hired & trained by the wonderful local store manager, Lauren Butterfield. The people who I spoke to & who responded to this complaint don't deserve my business or anyone else's. Consumer loyalty is hard to earn & easy to loose. If not for Lauren Butter field, I would never do business with Soma again. As it is, I will never order from their website again & recommend no one else should either. Going into the store is still a good experience because the employees are so pleasant & helpful.

Rebuttal to Soma Intimates Missing Panties

AUTHOR: Soma Intimates - (United States of America)

Were pleased to advise that prior to this posting, Rosemary had already been credited on 7/11 in an amount equal to the savings she would have received during the promotional offer, plus additional credits from a store transaction. We have also addressed the feedback she provided regarding
her web experience.  Thank you.