Complaint Review: Sometrics

• Submitted: Fri, April 03, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, August 18, 2010

• Reported By:Ellenton Florida
Sometrics
448 S. Hill St. Suite 515 Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

This Company Is A Sham! Sometrics Did not live up to their advertisement and are deceptive Los Angeles California

*Consumer Comment: Sometrics Is Fraudulent

*Author of original report: Sometrics is not a scamming company, after all!!!!!!!!

Sometrics supplies other companies with "offers" for consumers to participate in. Once an offer has successfully been completed, a "reward" is supposed to be given to such consumer.

I am an active member of GamersFirst (a company that provides online games). Sometrics provides GamersFirst with offers for gamers to complete, and the reward for completing said offers is "G1 Credits." G1 Credits are used to "buy" in-game items for the games in which GamersFirst provides.

on 31Mar09, I completed the "Video Professor" offer. The offer details stated: "Get rewarded 4,480 G1 Credits for signing up for a Video Professor Free-Trial." I successfully signed up for the trial--which cost me $6.95 for shipping/processing.

*Keep in mind I PAID for this offer*

The offer also stated that there is was a 15-30min delay in reporting the completion to Sometrics. Four hours after I completed the offer, I still had not received my 4,480 G1 Credits. I then submitted a trouble ticket to Sometrics, with the trial-order confirmation and credit card info I used to pay for the shipping/processing fee.

I received a reply from Sometrics, stating that the offer usually takes a day to process. Well, at this point in time, I had completed the offer two days prior. Therefore; the offer should had already been processed. Also at this time, I had received an email from The Video Professor--stating that my order had been shipped. So my order went through and was shipped before I even was rewarded the G1 Credits??? Wow!!!

Finally, 02Apr09, I ended up calling Sometrics. I spoke with both "Joe" and "Albert." Albert said he had already credited my GamersFirst account with the credits (one hour prior to my calling). I checked my account right away, and there were NO G1 Credits applied to my account. While still on the phone, Albert "re-applied" the credits, had me refresh my page, and I still had no credits. Albert then said "Well I don't know what to do." I suggested that he contact GamersFirst, tell them the situation, and have the credits applied to my account. He said he would do so.

Now today, 03Apr09, I still don't have the 4,480 G1 Credits, I've called both Joe and Albert (again)...but they're not answering the phones and not returning calls (I left voicemails), and I have already informed GamersFirst of the situation (twice)...but they're also ignoring me.

My frustration level is beyond high. I feel like I have been scammed. I don't know how companies can stay in business when they have poor customer service, lie to consumers, and are posting false advertisements (which basically is fraud). So now somebody has my money, yet I have no credits.

What a wonderful world we live in! My next step is the better business bureau.

Gmracer1
Ellenton, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2009 11:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sometrics/Los-Angeles-California-90013/This-Company-Is-A-Sham-Sometrics-Did-not-live-up-to-their-advertisement-and-are-deceptive-440528. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sometrics

Sometrics Is Fraudulent

AUTHOR: kalor - (United States of America)

I am also a member of Gamers First, as well as Nexon. I went through the same process, with MULTIPLE offers.

The requirements of the offer were that I submit my email, or zip code. Nothing else was listed as a part of the requirements. I did so, taking screenshots at EACH screen. (I have dealt with them before, and knew what to expect.) As expected, I was not credited Nx. I reported the problem, and received a ticket. They wrote me back, as expected, requesting confirmation. I provided the screenshots. They wrote back, telling me that I was required to reach a "final confirmation page" to be credited.

After I sent them a screenshot of the requirements for each offer, circled in red, clearly stating that the requirements were to enter my email or zip.

They responded with "You must reach the final confirmation page and submit a screenshot". After being informed that changing the terms of the original contract without the agreement of the user is one of the definitions of fraud, and that I would like the contact details for their legal department, communication has ceased. They have not responded in any way.

I also had another offer of theirs, unrelated, that I responded to. I completed surveys, and reached their "completion page". I screenshotted the page, and waited. After the waiting period, I contacted them about both offers (seperate tickets for each.) In both cases, I informed them that I could provide screenshots of the completion of the offer. They responded that the completion page was not the final step, but the confirmation email that they sent WAS. Which would be fine, if they had in fact sent it. After my 5th email informing them of the lack of a confirmation email, they are just copying and pasting the response. "You must include the body and header of the confirmation email".

I'm (sort of?) glad to know I'm not the only one dealing with them, as I have no ideas as to where to turn.

Sometrics is not a scamming company, after all!!!!!!!!

AUTHOR: Gmracer1 - (U.S.A.)

The issue I had with Sometrics was to NO fault of their own. The problem resided with their partnered company--GamersFirst. I recind ALL negative aspects about Sometrics that I claimed, and put the blame on GamersFirst.

I look forward to doing more business with Sometrics!!!

novels