Complaint Review: Somik Dam

• Updated: Wed, July 23, 2014

• Reported By: Somik Dam — Rocky Hill Connecticut
Somik Dam
100 Cold Spring Road Rocky Hill, Connecticut USA

jrk property holdings rk property holdings Rocky Hill Connecticut Rocky Hill Connecticut

This apartment was my residence for 2 years. The contract for our apartment said that our security deposit is $940 which is asme as our rent. Before JRK there was a different management who used to renew our contract at the end of every year with a fixed additinal amount of 20/30 dollars. Once JRK came in the increased our contracts with a whooping 150-200$ per month without any explanation. If we try to approach them they dont care to reply even and respond in a very rude manner as if we are some kind of outcasts to them.

We decided to end our contract with the new management, and so we sent them the reply saying that we will evacuate at the end of our last contract date.

Ater clearing our house and cleaning it very neatlty - although it was very well maintained, we left on 30th june, 2014. One day before i cleared out, on 29th i found that some of their management and maintenance people has visited my empty room and done some color patches already. By that time my cleaning was also not complete. On the last day i cleaned my aparment rooms, floors and stuffs and returned the keys.

After a month i got a check refund from the management stating that $550 was deducted from my rental deposit for carpet replacement. There wasnt any damage or evenstain on our carpet - we made sure that we cleaned it properly and checked every corner of the room to be sure. It really doesn't make any sense how they could charge us to replace the carpet for the entire apartment. It was never part of teh contract or ever charged by the earlier management. They haven't even shampooed or washed our carpet during the entire stay.

I agree that it is a security deposit, but how could someone rip off the entire amount without providing any explanation? The letter doesn't even say why I am supposed to pay for entire apartment carpet replacement. When i took the apartment the first time it was not given with a new carpet or something.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2014 09:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Somik-Dam/Rocky-Hill-Connecticut-06067/jrk-property-holdings-rk-property-holdings-Rocky-Hill-Connecticut-Rocky-Hill-Connecticut-1164550. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Somik Dam