Complaint Review: Somogyi P

• Updated: Wed, December 21, 2011

• Reported By: Nuxus — United States of America
Somogyi P
Budapest, Hungary Internet United States of America

Somogyi Pter, Citibank Hungary Citibank Hungary & Citibank US ripoff clients Budapest, Internet

We transfer money from a bank in Spain to Citibank Hungary (we pay for the transaction, and it appears on the account, everything is OK there). Unfortunately the sent amount does not arrive to Citibank Hungary, somewhere disappears x USD (no info, no bill, NOTHING - this is normally called theft) I contact the spanish bank and they told me, they charged only for transaction which appears on account (as far as they know ONLY citibank has this problem...). I file a report, but they dont find anything, again and again then Citibank Hungary says the correspondal bank which is Citibank US took the money...??? (where does it appear? Nowhere? NO Bill!!) As far as I know anywhere in the world this is called THEFT.

I also receive unwanted publicity from Citibank managing director Pter Somogyi. (when opened the account I signed I do NOT want any publicity.. though I receive publicity by email, post, sms etc..)

Therefore I contact him. He does not seem to be helpful at all. Does not offer any solution, any help, NOTHING! His email address is P...S....@citi.com. So, I wonder what is the difference between Citibank Hungary or Citibank in US, when same logo, same email.. citi.com...

I ask Peter Somogyi what is the difference or relationship between Citibank Hungary and Citibank US, he says he does NOT know.  Who knows if he does not know?? I ask him to contact Citibank US, but he does not want to.. I ask him to give me the contact for Citibank US, but he does not want to... Is this how banks deal with clients?? Is this how clients are treated??
Mr. Somogyi does not apologize for unwanted publicity, he says I should call the custumer service..

I told him, I do not want to call, I do not have time, and I do not want to deal with this, they should find a solution...

I want my x USD back and with interests, that bank ask from clients here in Hungary!! 39%!!!

Citibank Hungary does not know, does not help! Be aware of them!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2011 03:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Somogyi-P/internet/Somogyi-Pter-Citibank-Hungary-Citibank-Hungary-Citibank-US-ripoff-clients-Budapest-In-812210. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Somogyi P