Complaint Review: Sona Medspa Sacramento

• Submitted: Thu, November 29, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, November 29, 2007

• Reported By:Napa California
Sona Medspa Sacramento
1860 Howe Avenue #230 Sacramento, California U.S.A.

Sona Medspa Sacramento Sona shuts down three months after I paid $2000 to get laser hair removal treatments! Sacramento California

I decided to go to Sona Medspa in Sacramento in August of this year to get laser hair removal down on my legs and the tops of my feet. I called to schedule an appointment to come in and the lady explained that it would cost full results for whole leg treatments was $600 per treatment and to end up with permenant hair removal, I would need to come in for approximately 5 treatments. Since they had a special going, the total cost ended up being $1680 for the full leg treatment. The total payment was due at over the phone, IN FULL, before the first appointment could be made.

At my first appointment, I decided that I would add the tops of my feet as well, which they charged to my credit card in the amount of $250 for the five treatments. We did the first treatment and at the end scheduled my appointment for the next appointment, which was to be in January. Recently I noticed a conflict in my schedule with the appointment date so decided I would call to reschedule on November 25. I thought I must be hearing things when I got a recording that Sona Medspa had been closed and any paid customers would be listed as creditors and contacted shortly. It referred the clients to other medspas around the Bay Area and assured that they would be offering discounts to Sacremento's Sona Medspa.

Discounts??? I would like the full amount of the money that I paid minus the amount for the ONE treatment! I would have also have liked the courtesy of being contacted to let me know that I had just flushed almost two grand right down the drain! I am also thinking that they must have had the idea of their closure looming at least three months before they closed. If so, then why were they still setting up appointments and racking up the dollars? I would like to know what, if anything, is going to happen with these people so that they can pay back the many people that they still owe money to.

Furious Female
Napa, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2007 08:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sona-Medspa-Sacramento/Sacramento-California-95825/Sona-Medspa-Sacramento-Sona-shuts-down-three-months-after-I-paid-2000-to-get-laser-hair-r-287832. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sona Medspa Sacramento