Complaint Review: Sonic Camera

• Submitted: Mon, March 09, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, March 09, 2009

• Reported By:Shorewood Wisconsin
Sonic Camera
3505 Quentin Rd New York, New York U.S.A.

Sonic Camera ...Still Continuing their Scam... New York New York

After reading all the other complaints (which I should have done earlier), I realize they are still doing business the same way...and not sure why they have not been stopped yet. They "have" the lowest price on a Nikon 18-200 lens so I placed an order. Two days later they called & advised that the AMEX machine was not working did I have another card. I gave them a Visa --- however, they were trying to sell me a Signma for more than the Nikon and said it was much better suited for my camera. I said no and to please proceed with my order.

Now I have received an email stating that the lens was oversold & is now on backorder. I called the company (no previous info given) to see if a lens was in stock. He said it was, but proceeded to go through the same lines as before to sell me something different. I told him no, I know this is the lens I want and the line was disconnected. --- found all the other complaints so guess the price was too good to be true.

Niki
Shorewood, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2009 10:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sonic-Camera/New-York-New-York/Sonic-Camera-Still-Continuing-their-Scam-New-York-New-York-432252. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sonic Camera