I placed an order online for a NIKON D90 Body Only at Sonic Cameras and next day I received an email stating that they, "Sonic Cameras" had attempted to contact me at the phone number and email address I used to place the order.
Supposedly, they wanted to confirm the order.
1. On their web site they state that they are going to call to confirm your order IF you use a shipping address different from the billing address of you credit card or if it is a high ticket item or if something requires more detail.
2. They state that they have the lowest prices and bla bla. That you have to carefully read and understand the description of the item you are ordering. Which makes sense.
3. Reality is: I tried to contact them by phone and it took me 7 calls to reach them, because their phone system is always busy, not answering, if it answers it places your call on-hold for a long time and then drops the call. If you are lucky someone answers, then they transfer you to another extension, and it takes several calls to talk to the "sales person" handling your order. When finally I talked to the sales person, he asked me what my order number was? and I explained that I did not have with me because I was at my workplace.
He said that I had to call when I had the order number ready and he hung up.
4. I called early next day and again after having the call transferred from one number to another several times, I was asked series of questions about my billing address and Card. Then he started asking which battery model I wanted for the camera (Switching Bate). I asked why they had to confirm the order if their system and their business are as good as they say on their website. He only answered that it was a security procedure but that the camera I ordered came without batteries and it was a Camera Body Only Kit. I explained that I Know what I want and the reason I placed the order was because I wanted the camera body kit as it comes from NIKON with the battery, cables, manuals, CD. He replied that I had to understand that it was Camera Body Only "oem" from the manufacturer with no manuals, no cables, and nothing, that I had to specifically configure it.
5. I explained several times that I knew and confirmed what HAS to come in the box along with the camera's body. This is from NIKON for regular Body Only Kit retail purchase. Then he started yelling to make choose a battery and that was it. I told the guy to stop yelling at me and cancel the order. He tried to explain that he was not yelling but I told him to cancel the order.
Do not let anybody intimidate or coerce you to buy or do something you do not like or want.
You should call your Credit Card Financial Institution and ask to replace your card and if necessary put a payment stop order.
CATHEDRAL CITY, California