Complaint Review: Sonic Electronix

• Submitted: Mon, February 18, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, March 19, 2010

• Reported By:renton Washington
Sonic Electronix
28340 Ave Crocker Suite 202 Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone: 661-2579993
  • Web:
  • Category: Stereos

Sonic Electronix Sold me defective product that stopped working after 3 days! Valencia California

*Consumer Comment: satisfied customer

*UPDATE Employee: Sonic Electronix takes care of its customers

*UPDATE Employee: Sonic Electronix takes care of all its customers!

Purchased sub and amp at same time which was a recommendation from staff as a good match. After recieving product on 09/15/2007 the sub stopped working after 3 days. I called customer support and explained the problem to get permission to send product back. They said that it was probably blown and would replace this speaking this time only. I paid $30 in shipping to send speaker back with the RMA #10914. I called 2 months later in november to see whats going on. They said they saw I posted negative feedback on the amp I purchased and said that for customer service I would be required to remove the feedback. I only posted the honest problems I had with that purchase and I want going to change it. THen they told me I they had to send the sub to the manufacturer to be tested. I call back in December and they said that they were not carrying that speaker anymore and that If i paid more money I could get the better speaker in the same product line. I paid the difference. Now its 2/18/2008 and I still dont have my speaker. I checked the statuc online and my order is now "cancelled". I called and now they say that they are not going to refund my money since its blown. Yes, I know the speaker doesnt work! Thats why I was sending it back and why I called and explained my situation! I dont even think they did anything with the speaker after they saw I posted negative feedback for all the problems I had on the amp.

What a ripoff!

Jared
renton, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2008 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sonic-Electronix/nationwide/Sonic-Electronix-Sold-me-defective-product-that-stopped-working-after-3-days-Valencia-Cal-309860. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sonic Electronix

satisfied customer

AUTHOR: Raymond - (U.S.A.)

I have dealt with Sonic Electronix for purchases several times and am totally satisfied with my experience. The only time they did not ship my items within 24 hours was an out of stock issue which was resolved with a different product ( more expensive ) for the same price. The Sales Dept. made several calls to keep me updated and I was assured if I was not happy with the item, I could return them, no questions asked. All my purchases have been exactly as described and Sonic Electronix has been extremely professional in their actions, I have recommended them to my friends and family and will continue to in the future

AUTHOR: Se - (U.S.A.)

Sonic Electronix sells brand new items unless stated otherwise on the description. However, as we know, there are times that items may be come defective from the manufacturer or stop working after a while. That is expected! Nothing lasts forever.
This company regards communication as the number one factor for success. If a customer is dissatisfied, he or she must contact us first for the purpose of coming with a solution together before taking any other actions. Leaving a negative feedback without giving us the chance to fix an unavoidable problem like this is a premature action that damages someone reputation with no real grounds. We try to fix any controversies and concerns by addressing any complains being brought up.
We stand by all of the products that we sell and answer to any issue that could arise during and after the processing and delivery of the goods. In this particular case, store credit was given as a result that there was no other alternative since a exact matching substitute was not available as it was discontinued from production.

For more details about warranty procedures, please read "Standard Warranty for Subwoofers" - http://www.sonicelectronix.com/return_policy.php#17. Here it reads as follows:
"If the same item is not available and a repair cannot be completed, SonicElectronix.com reserves the right to replace the item with a similar or like model or issue store credit at the current selling price not to exceed the original purchase price"

The store credit agreement was accepted by the customer when the order was placed and it came to be solidified through extensive mediation with BBB. Again, we did not fail in keeping communication and sought after a solution to the problem.

In the beginning of this month, a new order was created by the customer using that store credit; such included a brand new sub, an enclosure and wires. The purchase was processed successfully and shipped the next day!

AUTHOR: Se - (U.S.A.)

Sonic Electronix takes care of all its customers!

AUTHOR: Se - (U.S.A.)

The store credit agreement was accepted by the customer when the order was placed and it came to be solidified through extensive mediation with BBB. Again, our representatives did not fail in keeping communication and sought after a solution to the problem.