Complaint Review: Sonora Grocery Outlet

• Submitted: Wed, December 06, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, February 20, 2012

• Reported By:Manteca California
Sonora Grocery Outlet
685 South Washington Street Sonora, California U.S.A.

Sonora Grocery Outlet Grocery Outlet, Saric Enterprises Ripoff Dishonest Hiring Practices Rude Unethical Shoddy Merchandise Sonora California

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: This is ridiculous

I sent the following letter of resignation to Sonora Grocery Outlet today:

I resign from my position at Sonora Grocery Outlet as accountant and bookkeeper. I can no longer work under the conditions at the store. I feel that I was used to simply get the store caught up on paperwork and that once the store was caught up I was thrown to the side, given very little hours and work to perform, and had what little work I was doing criticized. Also, some days would not give me enough work to perform to pay for the gas money of me driving to the store.

In addition to these complaints, I feel the store is acting unethically in its treatment of the rank and file employees. Many employees that make simple honest mistakes are humiliated in front of others and threatened with disciplinary action. One girl while grieving from the death of her boyfriend and asking for bereavement leave was simply told to get a grip on herself very coldly and harshly. Others were humiliated in front of 3-5 people in the office over mistakes anyone would have made. As someone who takes his spiritual walk very seriously I cannot in good conscience remain at a company that abuses its employees.

I also feel a conflict of interest is present between Debbie Fi*** and me for several reasons. She is my cousin and I am currently estranged from my family over my religious beliefs. She is also friends with executives from my former employer that has attempted to blacklist me from getting a job anywhere else.

Debbie has refused to talk to me on the phone several times in the past couple weeks and when I do talk to her I am promptly brushed off. Debbie's treatment of me and others is downright criminal and it is painfully obvious to me that she used me to get the store caught up on paperwork she was supposed to do. She installed Quickbooks on her computer and told me the store would be converting to a Quickbooks system after the first of the year, but little effort has been made in getting the so-called new system worked out, which from my experience is a very time-consuming and complicated process. I am very saddened that Debbie has felt the need to use me in this manner and compromise her ethics.

End of resignation letter

In addition to these things I've noticed other conditions while working there like rudeness, shoddy merchandise, etc. They frequently sell "factory seconds" that enable them to sell merchandise cheaper but with less quality. You're better off shopping at a regular store. I'm making a formal complaint right now to their headquarters in Berkely and I will post an update of how it gets handled.

B
Manteca, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2006 03:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sonora-Grocery-Outlet/Sonora-California-95370/Sonora-Grocery-Outlet-Grocery-Outlet-Saric-Enterprises-Ripoff-Dishonest-Hiring-Practices-224066. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sonora Grocery Outlet

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

This is ridiculous

AUTHOR: Ushuldnome - (United States of America)

I worked for Debbie from the time I was 16 to the time I was 22 and on and off until they sold due to her husbands fatal illness! Debbie is an amazing employer and I find it odd that the only complaint ever filed was done by a disgruntled family member! By the way... I know exactly who you are and the truth behind what u were let go for! Debbie helped u out by giving u a job so u could feed ur kid and this is how u repay her! You are quite the piece of work! Debbie often employed people in distress to help them out! She over looked tardiness and worked 10 times the hours and as hard as anyone else!
As for the merchandise in the store it is no secret that they sell factory seconds! Ur an idiot because that is what they are known for! Why do u think the prices are so good! And u never complained all the times u were given free merchandise were you!
Funny how when people get called out on their wrongs and they ar jealous they try and blast the others!! Guess your plan back fired tho didnt it cuzzo!!! Corporate is in San Francisco and they never responded to any reports u made! Should u have any future lies and or bad things to say please follow suit with documentation that might actually make u credible!

AUTHOR: Brian - (U.S.A.)

To be fair I will post that Grocery Outlet has responded to me just minutes ago with the following, so they are investigating it: