lunch

• Updated: Thu, May 12, 2011

• Reported By: Malibu — Savannah Georgia United States of America
Sony Computer Entertainment of America
919 E Hillsdale Blvd 2nd Floor Foster City, California United States of America

Sony Computer Entertainment of America SCEA, Sony, PSN N Router BEWARE, Sony PSP Foster City, California

I received a Sony PSP-3000 as a birthday gift. For two weeks I fought to make the PSP connect to my Wi-Fi as stated per Sony. I have a better than average wireless router.

It is a Linksys E2000 N router, up to networking standards. After fooling with it for two weeks. I contacted Sonny aka SCEA tech support. Spoke to Elvis, after going over troubleshooting. He placed me on hold came back ant told me that the PSP does not work with the N rated routers. It was a problem Sony knew about and never fixed. Nor did they advise future customers of the issue. I contacted the HQ of SCEA in CA. Spoke to a Jan, who explained that they were aware of the issue and did nothing to fix or make customer aware of the problem. I was given three options: 1) Buy another/different router (i.e. a b/g rated), 2) goes to a Wi-Fi hotspot like McDonalds, Starbucks or 3) adjust the parameters of my router overtime I want to use the PSP. I now have a $139.09 paper weight, due to the failure of Sony not providing proper info on packaging and website. I have names, numbers, time and dates.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2011 04:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sony-Computer-Entertainment-of-America/Foster-City-California-94404-4247/Sony-Computer-Entertainment-of-America-SCEA-Sony-PSN-N-Router-BEWARE-Sony-PSP-Foster-Ci-728651. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sony Computer Entertainment of America