• Report: #197394

• Updated: Wed, June 21, 2006

• Reported By:Allen Texas
Sony Computers
sony.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Sony Computers Defective Computers with no service when they break down Nationwide Nationwide

*Author of original report: Tech to be out Friday

About five weeks after I bought this computer, both the CD drive and the DVD-RW drives started failing. The CD drive kept getting stuck going half way back in, and the DVD-RW drive would not burn a full CD, but would burn a full DVD. I had to call the tech support three times before they finally decided to send a tech support person to the house to fix the computer. I got a call from Decision 1 that the tech support person would be at my house on June 6, 2006.

They asked me what time would be okay and I said the afternoon appointment time would be okay. So I took time off for work, and the tech guy calls and says that something happened with the parts and that for me not to hang around the house, because they wouldn't be in today more than likely. I asked him when, and he said probably a few days. I wait a few days, and no one calls me, so I call Decision 1, and they say that the parts have been ordered but it could take up to two weeks, it never does, but they have to say that.

Two weeks go by, no one calls me, it's June 20th, 2006, so I call Decision 1 again, and they say that basically the parts will never make it, and that Sony has closed out the event order. What? I call Sony and get a tech 1. I ask the tech 1 what's going on, and he doesn't know, I get put on hold for a long time, and he decides to put me into tech 2, but he can't do it, so he tells me to call Sony customer service at 1-888-476-6972.

I call them and they give me the run around for a while and then tell me I need to call tech support. I tell them tech support told me to call them. The lady tells me she will personally put me on to tech 2. A guy named Clay comes on the line, and he is not the friendliest person, and he says he will put me on expedient service, but can't guarantee anything. What? I ask him what does expedient service mean. He doesn't answer me. He tells me if I don't hear anything by Friday, to check back with them. What? Sony is the most computer on the shelf at the stores. Be careful.

Craig
Allen, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2006 10:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sony-Computers/nationwide/Sony-Computers-Defective-Computers-with-no-service-when-they-break-down-Nationwide-Nationw-197394. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sony Computers

AUTHOR: Craig - (U.S.A.)

Decision 1 which Sony outsources for their in home tech support for hardware repair called. I called them back, and Nancy A. asked if Monday would be okay. I reminded her that Clay at Sony said this would be expedited. She told me that the techs had a lot of others to work on too. I told her that might be so but this has turned into a four week event now. She looked to see when the computer parts were supposed to arrive by Fed Ex, and then she said "How about Friday?". I said that's okay. So the tech is suppose to be out here Friday between 12 and 4.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC