Complaint Review: Sony Electronics

• Reported By: Rennie — Encino California USA
Sony Electronics
12451 Gateway Blvd Fort Myers, Florida United States of America

Sony Electronics Customer service means NO service Fort Myers, Florida

I purchased a 40" flat screen TV Model KDL - 40W5100 for $1200. I have been without our new TV set since the power supply went bad on November 28, 2010, two days before the 1 year warrantee was due to expire.

It is now March 17, 2011. It has been 3 ½ months and their parts department still cannot give an estimated time of arrival for the replacement part.

Although I have been offered an extended warrantee on my TV set until January of 2012, it doesn’t really matter because I don’t know if I will have the TV set back before that date. I am not willing to take their refurbished TV set with a 3 month warrantee. Sony has already demonstrated it cannot repair a TV set in less than 3 months. The third option of a $200 Sony gift card is absurd.

Each time I call I get the same story about the needed power supply part; wait until the end of December; wait until the end of January; wait until the end of February, wait until March. 15.

Here is what they say on their website: “Sony has a dedicated customer service department to respond to your concerns. Sony believes that communication regarding such concerns is best conducted through personal interaction with our dedicated customer service teams.” Apparently what that means is they put some poor souls on the phone to give excuses and provide customers the run around.

I will NEVER buy another Sony product. They are defective, they do not provide any customer service, and they cannot be repaired. From my Internet search there are so many complaints about Sony TV products maybe it's time for a class action lawsuit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2011 11:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sony-Electronics/Fort-Myers-Florida-33913/Sony-Electronics-Customer-service-means-NO-service-Fort-Myers-Florida-707544. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sony Electronics