Complaint Review: Sony Online Entertainment

• Reported By: kimmylavly — reading Pennsylvania
Sony Online Entertainment
Internet USA

Sony Online Entertainment Canceled Subscription - Still Charged Internet

I purchased a subscription to Planetside 2 for a one month period and then proceed to cancel the subscription the same day so I would not be billed a second time.  A few months later I am looking at my credit card statement and find that Sony has continued to charge my credit card the monthly fee.

I sent in several e-mails to the company all of which went ignored until I contacted them on the live chat feature on the website.  They told me there was nothing they could do and that I had to contact ltuttle@soe.sony.com to get this resolved.   I made contact with him and he basically said I need to provide proof that it was canceled or he would not issue any refund.  Since the company does not send e-mails confirming that the subscription was canceled I have no proof that he would accept.   I mentioned that I would report this issue to the BBB and his response was as followed.

"Hello,

Unfortunately I am simply repeating myself at this point. You are welcome to report this to whomever you wish. But you have our answer and this answer is not changing.

Regards,

Lyman Tuttle
Senior Accounts Administrator
Sony Online Entertainment
ltuttle@soe.sony.com"

This company clearly does not care about its customers and is willing to go as far as stealing people’s money and refusing to return it.  The customer service was awful at best and every agent has been incredibly rude.  It appears I am not the only one having this issue as several other people are making posts on this site.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2014 02:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sony-Online-Entertainment/internet/Sony-Online-Entertainment-Canceled-Subscription-Still-Charged-Internet-1142536. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sony Online Entertainment