Complaint Review: Sony USA Rebates

• Reported By:Hartford Connecticut
Sony USA Rebates
Nationwide U.S.A.

Sony USA Rebates ripoff marketed rebates Nationwide

In keeping with your Connect and Create Rebate Program offered in 2001, I purchased from an authorized dealer (CompUSA) a Desktop Sony Computer PCV-RX380 DS with a Sony 19.25mm E4 monitor on 02/24/2001; and I ordered a Sony Handy Cam DCR-TRV730 from an authorized dealer (Sears) and took delivery on 03/12/2001.

I immediately mailed the original receipts and UPC codes as instructed to the Connect and Create Rebate, Department 26367, P.O. Box 52900, Phoenix, AZ 85072 in order to receive my rebate. I heard NOTHING from your rebate center.

On November 15, 2001, I called your rebate center and spoke to someone named Elise who told me to fax a copy of my materials to her at 623-847-4055. I did so and have heard NOTHING from her or anyone associated with this rebate. I wrote to you again in 2002; again, I have heard nothing form your staff. I am now writing you the fourth time in 2003.

Foolish me, I have purchased three additional expensive Sony cameras for gifts (DCR-570, DSC-F505V and DSC-F717), a laptop computer (F590) and a desktop computer (RX860) for myself from your Company. I have spent a lot of money buying your products and you have not had the decency to reply to me or to send me the rebate in question. I am now contacting your Company for the fourth time to inquire about my rebate; why should I continue to buy your products, with this kind of customer service?

The same thing happerned when I later purchased a Sony DVD player with speakers. They refused to responsd to the materials for the rebate. Another $100. down the drain.

Mikki
Hartford, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2004 12:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sony-USA-Rebates/nationwide/Sony-USA-Rebates-ripoff-marketed-rebates-Nationwide-87770. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sony USA Rebates