Complaint Review: Sony USA

• Submitted: Tue, November 28, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, November 28, 2006

• Reported By:Poway California
Sony USA
sony.com/index.php New York, New York U.S.A.

Sony USA Sony Dream Systems last just until the warranty is up... New York City New York

My Sony "Dream System" became my piece of dung Sony "Hell System"...

I called and E-mailed Tech support because after I completed all the trouble-shooting methods in the manual
I still could not access (remove) the DVD's in my Sony DAV-FR1 Dream system and the stand by light was still
always blinking, they immediately told me to send the unit in for repair, they didn't even bother to give me
any other information on repairing it. They said they couldn't give me a repair price either, I asked if I could
just purchase the malfunctioning component (the DVD player/amplifier) since the speakers were fine and they told me I couldn't, that component can not be purchased separately.

Since I had owned the system for only 17 months and paid a lot for it, I found this un acceptable. I am an engineer with almost 25 yrs of experience and I have never designed/developed anything that only lasted 17 months, I would be out of a job if I did.

So I asked myself, how can a company put out an expensive product out that lasts less than 17 months and sleep at night?
How can a company not offer a replacement part component for an expensive product?

Chris
Poway, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2006 06:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sony-USA/New-York-New-York/Sony-USA-Sony-Dream-Systems-last-just-until-the-warranty-is-up-New-York-City-New-York-222734. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sony USA