Complaint Review: Sony VAIO Laptops

• Submitted: Tue, June 02, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, June 02, 2009

• Reported By:Palm Beach Gardens Florida
Sony VAIO Laptops
550 Madison Avenue, 27th Floor New York, New York U.S.A.

Sony VAIO Laptops Sony fails to stand behind their laptops - 2 month old laptop crashes New York New York

*Consumer Comment: So it crashed?

Times are tough; to make an investment in a new laptop is a difficult decision in light of the current economic market. Advice here is to know who you are dealing with, I thought I did. On April 8, I purchased a new Sony VAIO Z model laptop. My order number was ST09040800214. On May 30, for no apparent reason the laptop destroyed itself and all of my data. Sony technical support personnel tried to help me get the computer to boot, but it was impossible (Tech Support Reference #E40764776). Ultimately, they led me through the Recovery process that reformats the entire hard drive.

I was able to retrieve some of my data, but ultimately lost all email on Outlook, my ITunes and all music files. My problem with this is because the laptop was only 2 months old.

I contacted Sony Customer Care and was told there is nothing they can do since it was over 30 days. To say I am upset is an understatement. I have been a loyal Sony customer and have 3 Bravia Televisions, 2 Sony digital cameras, 1 Sony video camera, and even Sony headphones, not to mention the problem VAIO computer.

I would like the computer replaced, but do not think that will happen. Something caused the problem to occur and Sony fails to acknowledge there is a problem. I do not want to experience that ever again. To the 2 month point the VAIO was a great computer that would have received my highest recommendation. I spent $2000 for this computer and it seems only correct to replace the 2 month old computer.

T hicks
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2009 09:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sony-VAIO-Laptops/New-York-New-York-10022-3211/Sony-VAIO-Laptops-Sony-fails-to-stand-behind-their-laptops-2-month-old-laptop-crashes-Ne-457661. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sony VAIO Laptops

So it crashed?

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

And they fixed it? and it works now? You just lost your data?

Why should they replace it? Under the warranty you have with them, it says they will fix your laptop if anything goes wrong. They did.

As for your lost data, Why didn't you back up your hard drive? When you have stuff you don't want to lose in case of an accident, you should always back it up. I know I back everything on my hard drive weekly to an external drive.

They did not rip you off, they fixed your computer and honored the warranty.

composer