surrender

• Submitted: Thu, January 14, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, January 14, 2010

• Reported By: india deme — New York New York United States of America
Sony VAIO Laptops

Sony VAIO Laptops make getting repairs IMPOSSIBLE. Go out of way NOT to provde customer service Internet

Monitor on Sony Vaio not working Best Buy says probably a $10 cable that connects monitor to motherboard. but because part so cheap, Sony won't sell to them directly. So customer must go track it down and then bring it back. GOOD LUCK with that.

Website no help. 800 number refers you to  non-toll free. Non toll free won't speak to you unless you have Sony's extended warranty or WANT TO PAY FOR THEIR ADVICE which of course will cost more than the cable.   Tell you to call a service center, but of course, can NOT provide a number. Fishing through information provides a Sony " menu" that has more options and less clarity than a Chinese menu. Reach a human who puts me on hold for 20 minutes then tells me she can place the order but can not expediate shipping. I ask for the number of the store in New York to see if I can go buy this myself and not have to  whch is how I reached her in the first place ( and having dialed 212 area code). She tells me the closest store to me is Michigan!!

SHe provides the name of a company that she thinks can ship expedited but isn't sure. I contact them - they actually answer their phones. Of course they can't ship expedited because Sony ships this part direct from factory. Total cost $72 ( so much for $10).

I am at the point where I am hoping that when Best Buy opens up my laptop they fiind the entire motherboard is shot- and then I can go buy a MAC!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2010 09:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sony-VAIO-Laptops/internet/Sony-VAIO-Laptops-make-getting-repairs-IMPOSSIBLE-Go-out-of-way-NOT-to-provde-customer-554359. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sony VAIO Laptops