gay

• Submitted: Tue, July 28, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, July 28, 2009

• Reported By:eagle point Oregon
Sony
10227 Crossroads Loop Suite C Laredo, Texas U.S.A.

Sony goes above and beyond to NOT cover warranty items Laredo Texas

purchased a sony dvd record/player in jan --july 4th unit quit working and would not release dvd...called sony they said to send to laredo repair facility it was under warranty and repair would be done at no charge to me. packaged and sent --checked on line status and note said was with repair technician --next day it said that cost of $391 refused ...I was never contacted by them and couldn't figure out what they meant so I called. it just gets worse from here. They proceeded to tell me that they tried to e-mail me 3x---I checked everywhere no blocked/spam e-mail from them anywhere. then the proceeded to tell me that there was physical damage to the unit...scratches plates fallen off....I immediately asked if there was damage to the shipping box and was told box was in perfect condition... there was no damge when it left my hands(I even had 3x people who saw it while I was packaging.) the box wasn't damaged but now it is...hmmm seems to me the only other place damage could have occured was at their facility. they however maintain that they have a "strict" policy on how items are received. basically they aren't going to help or take any blame so I not only am out my money but I now have a piece of crap player. I will never buy sony again and am making sure all my friends, family and co-workers are aware of what happened..

Lila
eagle point, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2009 10:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sony/Laredo-Texas-78045/Sony-goes-above-and-beyond-to-NOT-cover-warranty-items-Laredo-Texas-474152. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sony