Complaint Review: Sony

• Updated: Tue, September 17, 2013

• Reported By: sonySucks — Hialeah Florida
, Select State/Province USA

Sony Vaio Sony Vaio Sucks Miami Florida

In November 2011, I bought a Sony Vaio at Tiger Direct in Miami, Florida.  I bought the extended warranty there too.  I must have dropped it and the screen cracked.  It was NOT hard cause I didn't notice it.  I sent it to Sony and they quoted about $400 to fix it.  I asked that they send it back.  I got it repaired at a local repair shop for $160.

For no reason, it shut down completely.  Only a small light on the bottom left turned on.  I took it to the same repair shop.  Motherboard problem.  A new one would cost $600-800 from Sony.  I called the warranty provider.  Because I had the screen fixed, it voided the warranty.  They refunded my money. Now I'm stuck again paying an astronomical price to fix it or junk it.

I found a place that repaired the motherboard.  Took it home, plugged it in.  Zap.  Burnt motherboard.  Took it back.  They repaired it again.  Took it home.  Turned on but turned off again sporatically.  3 days later, it died again. I've owned it 1 year and 10 months.  I've used it 6 months.

Sony does NOT sell repair parts so they can screw customers into paying huge repair bills solely from Sony. The physical computer is beautiful but it is a piece of JUNK.  DO NOT BUY SONY VAIO COMPUTERS.  DO NOT BUY WARRANTIES.  If I want to use my computer, I will end up paying twice what its worth in order to use it.

Screwed in Sony,

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2013 04:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sony/Select-StateProvince/Sony-Vaio-Sony-Vaio-Sucks-Miami-Florida-1085102. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sony