Complaint Review: Sony

• Updated: Sat, May 10, 2014

• Reported By: penny — Stoney Creek Ontario
Sony
Internet USA

Sony how sony screws good customers Internet

*Consumer Comment: This is standard operating procedure for Sony.

Sony is a scam. Had an update from them, no choice in the matter. After update I lost all contacts and cannot save any, lost playstore which you cannot download. Comes with phone. All the games and tools I had disappeared. What good is a phone with no contacts? So I sent text after text and email after email with no response at all. So I called. The guy says " oh absolutely we can help you. Just pay $80 and we fix for you" ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS! They screwed my phone up and I have to pay??? I have been using Sony products for over 20 years... But no more! Screw me once... Shame on Sony. Screw me twice... Shame on me. Never again. I hope people realize how these companies get so big by ripping off the little guy!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2014 08:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sony/internet/Sony-how-sony-screws-good-customers-Internet-1145568. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sony

This is standard operating procedure for Sony.

AUTHOR: Rick - ()

This is standard operating procedure for Sony. Just ask anyone who owns a Sony DASH entertainment center. Sony introduced the DASH with great fanfare as an alternative to having a PC to stream video, connect to social media sites, etc. After a couple of years, when it became obvious that the DASH wasn't selling like they hoped it would, Sony quietly began to kill it. First it stopped streaming user installed music streams, then it stopped streaming any music. Finally it quit connecting to the internet completely. Customer service was full of promises at first, then they simply stopped answering emails from customers. Now hundreds, if not thousands of people such as myself have nothing more than a $150.00 alarm clock, thanks to Sony. I know I will never buy another Sony product, and I tell anyone who will listen to avoid Sony like the plague. They do not care one bit about their customers after they have their money.