Complaint Review: Soulboards

• Reported By: No One — Chicago Illinois
Soulboards
4430 El Simpatico San Antonio, Texas USA

Soulboards Complete Liars, and Rude San Antonio Texas

Let me start out by saying that I am lucky and did not give this company a dime. I found them when I was browsing around for decent priced gear for a longboard deck I just received. Basically, I needed trucks, wheels, bearings, all that fun stuff. But that gets really expensive really quickly. I started looking through their webpage (also listed as Discount Longboards, it is the SAME site, don't be fooled). When looking under discounts and specials, I see that they are offering close outs of big name completes like Never Summer, Landyachtz, etc... They claim that they are discontinued or blemished models selling for $119 + shipping.

I was very intrigued. That was less than I would be paying for new components, and I'd get an extra deck out of the deal? Sounded good to me. So I called the number listed for "More Information" on these amazing deals. They specifically tell you to call and see what models they have available. So I did.

So, the phone rings for a little while before some guy answers. He answers it like it was his personal cell phone, which I suspect it is. I asked him if he was a customer service rep from Soul Boards/Discount Longboards. He says "Yeah, I can help you with that," like he was irritated with the call. I tell him that I'm curious about their close out models, and he doesn't seem to know what to say. Then I hear beeping in the background, like when you leave the keys in the ignition of your car. Definitely dude on his cell phone.

I proceed to ask him about the Never Summer boards, and he stammers for a while before saying "Well, they don't typically discount those..." then starts stammering again. So I ask him what brands they do have on discount. And he starts asking me if I'm ready to buy right now and how much I can pay him. I tell him that for the right board at the right price I am ready to buy right now, but it has to be something I actually want. He asks me what size and shape I'm looking for, and I throw out a random answer 38 inch with a kick tail.

He doesn't have an answer to that either. So I try a different approach, "What trucks, wheels, and components come on your boards?" His answer: "Well whatever they come with". I tell him I have a preference towards Paris trucks and he gets mad.

"If you're gonna start asking about specifics, I can't help you!" he replies. Well isn't that what the customer service number is for? To ask about specifics? Then he continues "I can get you a board that's made out of maple with trucks and wheels for $100, but if you're not ready to pay that, I can't help you. I'm going to stop wasting your time and my time now."

He was extremely flustered and basically said if I don't hand over money for some complete mystery board, he would no longer speak to me. Plus this company has about 10 different numbers listed, as well as an offer to "Start Your Own Business". This is either one dude, with a lot of numbers, scamming a lot of people, or this is some type of home business pyramid scheme, with only the cheapest of products available.

Either way, there are some scummy business practices going on here.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2013 02:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Soulboards/San-Antonio-Texas-78233/Soulboards-Complete-Liars-and-Rude-San-Antonio-Texas-1052730. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Soulboards