Complaint Review: SoundFX

• Reported By: custserv — warwick Rhode Island United States of America
SoundFX
Quaker Ln Connector Rd West Warwick, Rhode Island United States of America

SoundFX Sound FX SoundFX Butchered My Car Warwick, Rhode Island

Terrible Service! Do Not Use SoundFX! I asked if they could install my Alpine amp and my box of three 10" JL W3's in my ML350. They looked at it, tested the subs and the amp and said it would work fine. At this point they quoted me $250. Then when I dropped it off I asked to make sure it was going to cost what they quoted and they said it would be $220 (which was a nice surprise). When I went to pick it up they charged me $298!!! Which was way more than my original quote.

When I left my car there I explained that I wanted to be able to uninstall everything and return it to a Mercedes dealership with no evidence of aftermarket work. I found out they cut the carpet in my Mercedes without my permission to access the sealed battery...which is now no longer sealed as it was when it came out of the factory. And to top it all off EVERYTHING STOPPED WORKING THE NEXT DAY! When I went back to have them take a look they told me the amp had blown. They refused to take responsibility and said I would have to get my amp repaired through them or buy a new amp from them. I was about to do neither since they told me the equipment I brought them was compatible. I asked them to uninstall everything since I was completely unsatisfied and they wanted to charge me more for the uninstall which I thought was unreasonable since nobody told me there was a chance that my equipment was faulty or incompatible. What a waste of time and money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2012 11:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SoundFX/Warwick-Rhode-Island-02886/SoundFX-Sound-FX-SoundFX-Butchered-My-Car-Warwick-Rhode-Island-939054. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SoundFX