Complaint Review: South Bay Music Awards - Ken Andrews

• Submitted: Fri, January 04, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, July 04, 2012

• Reported By:Redondo Beach California
South Bay Music Awards - Ken Andrews
2400 Graham Ave. Redondo Beach, California 90278 Nationwide U.S.A.

South Bay Music Awards - Ken Andrews Failed to repay loan Redondo Beach California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Mark Nearing

*Author of original report: ken Andrews, your days of ripping good people will be over soon

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: The Truth

On July 24, 2007, Ken Andrews the Executive Producer of the South Bay Music Awards approached me wanting to borrow $6,950 to be used to finance an upcoming event at the Knitting Factory in Hollywood. He signed a contract and even promised an additional $1,000 as a bonus for me making the loan. Another reason for me granting the loan was the additional guarantee by a representative Won Lee, from the William Morris Agency a major talent agency in Beverly Hills.

Aug. 9th, 24 hours after the event, I finally contacted Ken Andrews about how the show went and when would I receive repayment of the loan. Ken proceeded to tell me that he had the money. Later that day he arrived at my residence, he only had $1,000 dollars he also made no mention that the show was a complete flop. He guaranteed me that the rest of the money would be credited to my credit card on that Monday, Aug. 11th. It never happen.

After repeated phone calls, emails and other attempts of contacting Ken Andrews it became apparent that I wasn't going to receive my money. I'm in the process of legally trying to obtain my loan. Caution should be taken with any dealing with this individual, Ken Andrews. He's the most cunning, deceitful, disloyal, maniacal, immoral, dishonest, unscrupulous, and manipulative person I've ever met. So to all individuals, businesses etc... out there beware of Ken Andrews and the South Bay Music Awards.

Mark
Redondo Beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2008 11:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/South-Bay-Music-Awards-Ken-Andrews/nationwide/South-Bay-Music-Awards-Ken-Andrews-Failed-to-repay-loan-Redondo-Beach-California-297179. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on South Bay Music Awards - Ken Andrews

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Mark Nearing

AUTHOR: South Bay Music Awards - (United States of America)

As it turns out, Mark is In Cahoots with Al Bowman, another extreme sociopath, of the Los Angeles Music Awards.  They systematically and methodically destroyed my reputation and years of hard work. I have a lot of passion for what I do.  That would be, helping and creating a media platform for up-coming bands and artist.  Al Bowman and Mark Nearing have destroyed my life and I intend to get it back!  Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,
Ken Andrews
Founder/Executive Producer
South Bay Music Awards

ken Andrews, your days of ripping good people will be over soon

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

mr andrews has a lot of guts saying Im not being truthful ,when in fact I not only won my court case in question where he got me for almost $7,000 but also his appeal as well. it has now been almost 18 months since he RIPED ME OFF ,we have now found many many more victims of Ken Andrews and now giving the District Attorney a big list of the many many many sad victims of Ken Andrews and put a stop to him for good and put him behind bars where he belongs . the day when Ken Andrews leaves this world we all will have some comfort knowing there is a special place in HELL for Mr Ken Andrews .......... mark nearing ,one the the victims of Ken Andrews.

ken Andrews, your days of ripping good people will be over soon

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

The Truth

AUTHOR: South Bay Music Awards - (U.S.A.)

For all concerned, Mr. Nearing is a liar. He saw a quick way to make $1000.00 dollars as an investment for securing the bar revenue with His credit card. He was told, as I was, by Won Lee of William Morris Agency, that Roscoe Umali and Far East Movement would completely sell out the venue, i.e. The Knitting Factory in Hollywood. Unfortunately Roscoe Umali and Far East Movement were the headliners and brought zero attendance between the two. The three opening acts booked by South Bay Music Awards carried the show. Because Mr. Nearing is a unionized stunt man, He chose to sue me and tarnish my reputation vs. Won Lee of William Morris Agency. Because Won Lee did not do as he said, The South Bay Music Awards suffered significant losses as well. This is the whole truth and nothing but the truth. We have emails and documents to support these facts. We are currently in Civil Litigation. We will expose Mr. Nearing and all of his lies and manipulation, not to mention filing a false police report for the purpose of extortion.

Sincerely,