Complaint Review: South Bay Office Products, Inc

• Updated: Tue, April 27, 2010

• Reported By: anonymous — Austin Texas United States of America
South Bay Office Products, Inc
1100 South Powerline Road Deerfield Beach, Florida United States of America

South Bay Office Products, Inc Tracy Cole and his unethical sales methods and lies Deerfield Beach, Florida

I was called last week by Tracy Cole with South Bay Office Products. He asked for me by name and said he was referred to me by another employee at the company, but didn't recall their name. He mentioned it was a local branch that due to the economy was going out of business. He said he was aware we did not have much space for office supplies based on a prior conversation with another employee (the one who referred him to me). This sounded legitimate since we don't have a lot of space for office supplies. He proceeded to ask me what kind of supplies we use and went over a pricing. Mr. Cole said that they were selling their inventory at the cost they paid and proceeded to explain they sell things in gross(qty 12). The prices sounded good so I ordered a few items, but received 4 huge boxes of stuff. It appears that 1 "gross" is 12 boxes of 12 each. I tried to call the company to discuss this, but received a recording. I left a message, never received a call back, and tried again but got the recording a second time. I then decided to email them and when I typed in the company name into Google, it brought up all these links to Ripoff Report with tons of complaints against South Bay Office Products and how it is a scam. I read several reports, and it appears these "sales reps" are saying the exact same thing to other people. I immediately called UPS to have them come pick up these boxes and had my credit card closed. I have informed several other people within the company I work for about this scam and will never order supplies from another company besides the one we have been using for years. I urge anyone with a similar situation to please file a report. This company needs to be shut down!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2010 01:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/South-Bay-Office-Products-Inc/Deerfield-Beach-Florida-33442-5951/South-Bay-Office-Products-Inc-Tracy-Cole-and-his-unethical-sales-methods-and-lies-Deerfie-597399. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on South Bay Office Products, Inc