Complaint Review: South Bay Office Products, Inc

• Updated: Tue, September 21, 2010

• Reported By: Anonymous — Los Angeles California United States of America
South Bay Office Products, Inc
1100 S. Powerline Rd. Deerfield Beach, Florida United States of America

South Bay Office Products, Inc extreme scam, I should have listened to my inner voice telling me the prices were to good to be true Deerfield Beach, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Contact the Attorney general of FL

*Author of original report: Update on South Bay Office Products

I very kind sounding woman by the name of Alex called me and said she was referred to me by the CFO of our company.She made it sounds as if my CFO and her knew each other personally. She said she is moving to Florida and needs to sell the last of her inventory. She said our CFO told her and she understood that we have very limited storage space for office supplies. 5 boxes were delivered yesterday along with a complimentary Cross pen she said was a gift for ordering. I was expecting 1 box of pens, binder clips and post its. I have not received an invoice but have left 2 voicemails with no return calls as of yet. I am so upset that I do not want any of this stuff anymore.  i also don't want to pay to have it shipped back.  What do I do?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2010 02:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/South-Bay-Office-Products-Inc/Deerfield-Beach-Florida-33442/South-Bay-Office-Products-Inc-extreme-scam-I-should-have-listened-to-my-inner-voice-tel-580330. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on South Bay Office Products, Inc

Contact the Attorney general of FL

AUTHOR: ella - (United States of America)

I was scammed by these people months ago, when i got an invoice for $5000 i called and left a message, then they sent a new invoice for 50% off..

I didnt pay it, instead i filed a complaint against them with the FTC and the Attorney General of FL.

I am pleased to report that the Attorney General is taking this very serious.

Here is the contact info for the person who is assigned to the case, PLEASE contact him, dont let these scammers get away with what they do!!!

Gerard A. Lockwood, CFE

Chief of Investigations

Economic Crimes Division

Office of the Attorney General

Tallahassee, Florida 32399

850-414-3600 (Voice)

850-488-4483 (Fax)

Update on South Bay Office Products

AUTHOR: Monica - (United States of America)

I finally got a call back from a woman named Nancy who apologized for sending items not ordered.  She said to avoid sending items back, she would give me 50 % off all the products they sent.  I told her I don't even want the items for 50% off because I never ordered them and she told me she would call me back.  She did and said to go ahead and send them back UPS.  I called her back and asked for their UPS account # because I was not going to pay for shipping due to their error and I also asked for a W9 form so I could send payment for what I did order.  Then a robotic and nasally sounding woman by the name of Jenny called back and said to write refused on the boxes and tell UPS someone accepted the boxes by mistake. and to return them.