Complaint Review: South Beach Diet Online

• Updated: Fri, May 14, 2010

• Reported By:Vashon Washington
South Beach Diet Online
southbeachdiet.com Internet U.S.A.

South Beach Diet Online signed me up without OK, want too much upfront Ripoff Internet

*Consumer Comment: I Got the Wrong Company But This One Looks Like a Bad Egg, Too

*UPDATE Employee: There is no cancel button online

While signing up for South Beach Diet, I stopped transaction, pushing CANCEL button when a warning screen came up saying online transfer of material was unencrypted. They charged me anyway - for $65. and when I complained, they refunded 45, but kept the minimum of $20. When I said that wasn't right, since I canceled transaction, I was told that they had no such button on their site! Called a liar while they kept my money. Too greedy and sneaky and wrong.

Vashon, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2006 10:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/South-Beach-Diet-Online/internet/South-Beach-Diet-Online-signed-me-up-without-OK-want-too-much-upfront-Ripoff-Internet-189386. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on South Beach Diet Online

I Got the Wrong Company But This One Looks Like a Bad Egg, Too

AUTHOR: jvc45 - ()

It looks like I got the wrong South Beach company yet Bellavani looks like a bad egg, too. There are lots of consumer complaints about them not answering the phone, charging people who have called to cancel, etc.

Not to mention that their "refund policy" is convoluted and pretty expensive and time-consuming to comply with.

This "trial" of the product hardly seems aligned with the 100% satisfaction gurantee that Bellavani puts in its large print. If they were an honest company they'd put the refund policy below in a more prominent place on their site.

If I were you, I would dispute the charges with your credit card company as what's going on here is false advertising, at best.

"Refund Policy

Return Policy

We will credit one returned unopened product per customer if the received package is post marked within 30 days of the original order date and included with a RMA number obtained from customer service. No returns are credited after 30 days of the original order date. Any merchandise must be returned at the customer's expense and must have an RMA number marked on it. Absolutely no returns are eligible for a refund for partially used product. Product must be sealed, undamaged and un-tampered with to be eligible for a refund. No refunds for any packages without an RMA number obtained from customer service. You may request an RMA and instructions on how to submit a return by calling 1-888-235-5276.

Cancellation Policy

If you feel Bellavani is not for you, call us to cancel within 15 days from the order date to avoid the membership fee of $98.37 and enrollment in the auto-shipment program which charges you for a 1 month supply every 30 days starting 30 days after your 15 day trial period ends, at the low price of $98.37 per month. If you contact customer service to terminate your trial enrollment within 15 days of the date that you enroll in the Program, you will not receive any additional product and you will not be charged anything else

There is no cancel button online

AUTHOR: lil.miss.momma - (United States of America)

First and foremost there is no "CANCEL" button or warning screen.  The terms are provided clearly on the enrollment form and confirmed with an email upon enrolling for the membership the day membership is set up.  The only ways to cancel a membership is to call our 800 number or sending an email, all of our calls are recorded and our emails are saved in a database.  We definitely will go above and beyond for our customers who are unsatisfied with the terms and are willing to work out something that is satisfying to them.