crucial

• Updated: Thu, August 23, 2012

• Reported By: CS — Ocean City New Jersey United States of America
South Jersey Mr. Rooter
385 Weymouth Rd. Buena, New Jersey United States of America

South Jersey Mr. Rooter Mr. Rooter Plumbing Took my money but never fixed the problem. Charged $279.50. Original problem not fixed. Buena, New Jersey

On 8-23-12, the dishwasher in our rental property in Ocean City, N.J. turned off in mid-cycle and the re-set light went on and started blinking red.  I tried to run it again and the same thing happened so I called South Jersey Mr. Rooter.  I wasn't sure if they would be able to work on a dishwasher so I specifically asked if I had called the right place.  I was assured that it was the right place.  He went on to tell me that they had a $50.00 charge to come out if I didn't use them for the repair.  I was told that if they did the repair there would be no $50.00 charge.  Fair enough!!!

They sent a technician named Serge (385 Weymouth Rd. Buena, N.J. 08310) who told me that the actual problem was with my outside shower--that it needed a new "cartridge" and a new handle. This was a surprise to me since the shower was working.  He explained that the outside shower was "connected" to the dishwasher and that when he fixed the outside shower problem the dishwasher would work properly.  I am in the medical field and didn't really understand what he meant so I specifically said "so when you fix the shower the dishwasher will run properly, right?"  He assured me that it would "all be good."

It took him less than 10 minutes.  He didn't do anything to the dishwasher, told me I owed him $279.25 and that the shower and dishwasher were fixed.  I had no reason to doubt him and gave him my credit card for the amount quoted.  As he was walking out the door I noticed that the dishwasher had stopped and the re-set light was blinking red, exactly as it was before he "fixed it."  He looked at it, dismissed it and said "I can't help you anymore, you will have to call someone else.  I fixed your shower."

I stayed calm because I was sure that he would understand that I had not called to have the shower fixed.  It had been working.  The dishwasher was NOT working properly, and still wasn't working properly.  He matter-of-factly continued to walk out the door muttering "you have to call someone else to fix that."

I told Serge that, if he was not able to fix my dishwasher (the reason I was calling) then he should have identified the problem, told me he couldn't fix it and bill me $50.00.  He very nastily said "if you want I can put your old shower parts back."  I told him, yes, that is what I want you to do, but he kept walking while I was talking, got into his truck, and left.

This is my first time registering this type of complaint but I was totally ripped off.  I don't care how many "testimonials" they have about how great their service is, South Jersey Mr. Rooter is a place you should stay away from and I intend to tell everyone I know about the bad experience I had with Serge.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2012 04:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/South-Jersey-Mr-Rooter/Buena-New-Jersey-08310/South-Jersey-Mr-Rooter-Mr-Rooter-Plumbing-Took-my-money-but-never-fixed-the-problem-Ch-931713. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on South Jersey Mr. Rooter