Complaint Review: South Star Tickets

• Submitted: Fri, March 22, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, March 22, 2013

• Reported By: Swindled — Elkins Park
South Star Tickets
701 Brazos Street, Austin, Texas 78701 Austin, Texas, Texas United States of America

South Star Tickets Jimmy (owner) South Star Tickets made a nice 400% profit on tickets they sold to me! TICKET BUYERS BEWARE!! Austin, Texas, Texas

It's been over a year since I was overcharged for concert tickets sold under deceptive practices by South Star Tickets of Austin Texas. I guess I will never get my $500 back from this agency even though it is illegal for them to be selling tickets in the state of Pennsylvania.

I will not go into detail here but let this be a warning to anyone who plans to buy concert tickets online.

Ticket Sellers are PREDATORS!  They know all the tricks. They know how to get your money.

Even if there are consumer protection laws in your state it will not help. The only way I would get any justice from this is to hire a lawyer.

I reported South Star Tickets of Austin Texas to The Pennsylvania Office of the Attorney General. The Bureau of Consumer Protection Agent, John A. Dowd, responded to my complaints but was of absolutely no help.

I also received a reply from the office of the Texas Attorney General and was told  they were looking into it and would get back to me but its been over a year and I haven't heard anything.

Consumers are not protected from ticket agencies who use unscrupulous practices to sell tickets at highly inflated prices and then they add unreasonably high service charges for each ticket sold. There are no rules when it comes to selling tickets through the internet..........anything goes and they get away with it! AND THEY KNOW THEY CAN TAKE YOUR MONEY AND GET AWAY WITH IT.  Once again THEY WIN......I LOSE!   It's the American way!!  Capitalism at its best!

And as you can see by all the consumer complaints against ticket sellers on this website, they will continue to steal your money.  TICKET BUYERS BEWARE!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2013 03:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/South-Star-Tickets/Austin-Texas-Texas-78701/South-Star-Tickets-Jimmy-owner-South-Star-Tickets-made-a-nice-400-profit-on-tickets-the-1036955. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on South Star Tickets