Complaint Review: South University Online Scam

South University Online Scam
Georgia Internet United States of America

South University Online Scam Liars, scam and empty promises. Internet

*Consumer Comment: You Have Company

I am so Unhappy right now, I have put a lot of time and effort into my schooling to better myself and get a better paying job to support my family. I attended SU for 18 months ( yes 18 months). I thought I was about to graduate and earn my Associates Degree in Business Administration. I received a call from SU financial office to set up payment plans for my schooling, which is fine because I really did enjoy this school and felt good about my accomplishments. I was told that my schooling would be under 10,000 and I could make payments. I was told that I had to enroll for another 18 months and my total due was 15,000 for the 18 months I just finished and with that, By the end of my other 18months I would owe a total of 30,000. I asked to receive a statement of all charges and I would go over it with my lawyer. At that point the individual had to go and would get back to me. I have not heard anything back from them and I need answers. I just want my earned credits and be clear of this College. Like I said I will pay what I was told the course would cost but I am not able to afford to continue or pay any extra. If any one could help me on who I need to contact( Lawyer, Federal or other links) . I appreciate any help.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2012 10:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/South-University-Online-Scam/internet/South-University-Online-Scam-Liars-scam-and-empty-promises-Internet-913301. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on South University Online Scam

You Have Company

AUTHOR: Lori - (U.S.A.)

Hello, I am also taking Business Management classes at South University. I called my advisor to find out how many credits for an associates degree in Business management was told "26 classes", When I expressed my exclamation of surprise, he changed it to 25, then 24 because I had tested out of Math. I want to drop out of this college, but my student loans have already been applied to the two classes remaining for this year.

I have had a credit on my account for over a month of $51.00 which has not been returned to me, and I have only received one stipend check since I started taking online courses in February of 2011. I can't get a straight answer, I have read that most credits required for an Associates degree in business are 60 to 64. I already have 60 credits in and was told I need to take 9 more classes which would be 36 more credits??!! Please let me know if there are more of us getting 'taken'.