Complaint Review: South University Online

• Updated: Fri, April 26, 2013

• Reported By: steffdrd — Seabrook Texas
South University Online
709 Mall Boulevard Savannah, Georgia United States of America

South University Online SOU Will keep Stipend. Will promise Financial Aid and Courses are Designed to Fail if You happen to Pass they will threaten to kick you out unless you PAY MORE $$$$ Savannah, Georgia

The first time someone phoned I was told that basically it would only be 12-15 hrs a week and that the classes were inexpensive and that more or less it was like getting paid to go to school. When I started it was 12-15 hrs a day. There are no teachers that actually teach. I have gone through an Academic Adviser every 3-4 months. The classes are so back to back and overloaded reading and major essays the very next day they are designed for people to quit. I however keep between an almost 3.7=4.0 GPA. You are asked to read and do assignments only to please "youtube" or "google" your assignment. Their online Library is the worst ever and was told which is awesome by the way that I would have back to back classes for 2yrs. which the reason they are back to back was because it was like putting 4 years into 2. Now my 2 years is up the money has run out.... They keep you stipends then send you bills saying you owe more and now being threatened that I may no longer be allowed to go unless I pay. I am not happy!!

I worked really hard to keep my GPA up. And wish I never ever signed up or wasted almost 2 years of my life.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2013 09:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/South-University-Online/Savannah-Georgia-31406-4805/South-University-Online-SOU-Will-keep-Stipend-Will-promise-Financial-Aid-and-Courses-are-1046576. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on South University Online