Complaint Review: South University Online

• Updated: Wed, February 13, 2013

• Reported By: rifleman — Evanston Illinois United States of America
South University Online
709 Mall Boulevard Room DE, Internet United States of America

South University Online South University Scammers, Rip-offs, must be charged for misleading people and taking advanage of the Financial Aid system... Internet

South University Online, is a total disgrace for this nations education system and if I knew then when I signed up with them, I would trust a used car dealership more.

It started off pretty good with the advisors because they paint this picture of you finally get your 4 year degree. At the time I didn't believe that I could go back to college because of my age.

To make a long story short, I signed up, paid the necessary fees and I'm a student at SUO. Then I began to take classes that I haven't had since high school and a few of them I had issues with the professors and the classes, so I was advise to drop them. What they didn't explain to me was that they were to be paid out of pocket and not financial aid. They told me I owed them almost 6000.00 dollars.

I agreed to pay 25.00 to 50.00 in order to catch up with the balance, but here is the twist. I lost my part-time job that I had at the time and I couldn't make the payments, so they had my schooling and credits put on hold until they received half of the balance.

This whole back to school ordeal turned a dream of my into a nightmare. All I can do now is pray for the wisdom for the next path to take. Schools are not suppose to put a person in a worst place then they were, and South University did that to me and many others. They need to be stopped, the right people in that schools administration needs to know from hard legal terms...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2013 09:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/South-University-Online/internet/South-University-Online-South-University-Scammers-Rip-offs-must-be-charged-for-misleadin-1013499. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on South University Online