Complaint Review: South Willow Ridgebacks

• Reported By: South Willow Ridgebacks — Louisiana
South Willow Ridgebacks
Shreveport, Louisiana USA

South Willow Ridgebacks Josh Breeder sold me a sick puppy Shreveport Louisiana

Josh from South Willow Ridgeback sold me a sick puppy.  I found South Willow Ridgeback on PuppyFind.com, and the website looks somewhat legit.  There is a kid with lots of puppies surrounding him, and it makes it a "family breeder".  After contacting "Josh"/the breeder, Josh told me the puppies he sells is de-wormed and has been given their required shots for new puppies.  After meeting Josh and looking over the puppy, I decided to purhase the puppy and take it back to the hotel I was staying at.  After a few minutes at our hotel room, I noticed the puppy's eye was infected.

I contacted "Josh"/the breeder and told him about the problem. He did not seem to be concerned, and I told him that I would take him to the vet because the puppy's eye was so swollen and infected that his retina was almost dull and hazy.  I took the puppy to a local vet in the same town I met the breeder before taking him home about 5 hours away.  The vet concluded that the puppy had conjunctivitis bacteria.  He said the puppy was probably not taken care of and needed medicne.

I paid for the vet visit and the medicne for the eye.  I called Josh, but he never wanted to answer back.  I called about 10 times, but Josh was long gone.  After I got home, I took the puppy to my local vet, and my vet told me that the puppy had ringworms, and hook-worms.  That is the reason he was so skinny.  I contacted the breeder/Josh, but he did not want to answer his phone. The breeder denied the fact that he said the puppy won't need another shot until their "9 weeks".  I asked every vet if they have heard of a "9 week" shot, and they have never heard of it.

I tried to contact Josh mutliples times to recoup my money, but he refused.  Buyers beware!  This breeder is a puppy-mill breeder.  He sold me a sick dog and did not want to MAN-UP and take care of it.  He hid from my calls and did not want to make it right as a legitimate breeder.  Poor puppy.  We love the puppy and treat him as a family member, but the fact that the puppy was sick all this time before we received him, was a shame.  Don't buy from this person.  He will lie that there are alot of people looking at the puppy and you need to act fast before it is sold.  Buyer Beware.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2014 04:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/South-Willow-Ridgebacks/Shreveport-Louisiana/South-Willow-Ridgebacks-Josh-Breeder-sold-me-a-sick-puppy-Shreveport-Louisiana-1130376. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on South Willow Ridgebacks