Complaint Review: South shore Industries Ltd. Southshore.ca

• Updated: Wed, February 26, 2014

• Reported By: Denisia — Smithsburg Maryland
South shore Industries Ltd. Southshore.ca
323 rue union Coaticook, Quebec Canada

South shore Industries Ltd. Southshore.ca Inferior quality furniture Coaticook Quebec

I purchased a platform bed from Sears.com  and when it arrived it was from this company. I assembled the bed and upon completing it was unable to attach the headboard with out it falling forward on my head. Within a few weeks I noticed the platform was sagging over where the drawers are near the foot of the bed. Upon further inspection I noticed that the wood (partical board) that the bed was made out of was split on each side over the drawers. I called the company and the woman worked fairly quickly with me in getting replacement parts sent out once I had emailed photos and descriptions to her. When the replacement pieces arrived my husband completely took apart the bed to replace the broken pieces with in 24 hours the bed broke again. I immediately emIled the company. i received a phone call that I was unable to answer so I later returned the call leaving a message. A week later I had still not heard back from the company so I emailed them again and waited a week later still nothing so I resent the email. [continued below]....

..... When I received a call back the customer service representative (Francine) informed me that it must have had something to do with the way we assembled the bed that messed with its "integrity".  I told the woman that that couldn't be the case seeing as my husband assembled it the second time and we have a therapeutic mattress to boot. Francine informed me that she would not be able to send me anymore replacement parts after this second time (I have a 5 year warranty). Upon looking at their website I'm seeing that the bed we purchased did not have a headboard with it and they just sent us a random headboard which is probably why we are still unable to safety attach it. My husband has since had to replace the pieces on this bed with 2 by 4 s. Southshore is unwilling to make this right on a bed that we purchased less then 4 full months ago.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2014 02:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/South-shore-Industries-Ltd-Southshoreca/Coaticook-Quebec-J1a1z5/South-shore-Industries-Ltd-Southshoreca-Inferior-quality-furniture-Coaticook-Quebec-1126460. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on South shore Industries Ltd. Southshore.ca