Complaint Review: SouthSmoke

• Updated: Wed, October 09, 2013

• Reported By: shotcaller88 — Royal Palm Beach Florida
SouthSmoke
3035 Horseshoe Lane, Ste B Charlotte, North Carolina USA

SouthSmoke southsmoke.com Global Hookah District poor customer service, damaged items, wrong items, restocking fee for their mistakes Charlotte North Carolina

*UPDATE Employee: Report Contains False Information

*Author of original report: Southsmoke playing games once again

*UPDATE Employee: Response To False Complaint

I urge you to avoid doing business with this company. I originally did business with them in 2008. My order was flawless and I was provided great customer service. However my last order in 2013 was a nightmare. I placed an order for a KM trimetal hookah with clear vase, some accessories and shisha. I received a black hookah, the glass vase had several chips and the stem was dinged up to hell. I paid $100+ for a hookah because I want it to look cool, not because I wanted a beat up broken piece of junk.
They wrote me back with some generic response stating that the item is handmade and variations are possible. I explained to them once again that the item is broken and the completely wrong color was received.
Finally, after much back and forth, they allowed me to return the damaged item at my cost. After following up on several occasions about the credit, it was finally received, but they deducted a 15% restocking fee.
They sent me the wrong item in damaged condition and are now charging me for it after I was already out $15 for return shipping. Luckily, I was able to dispute this charge with my credit card company and I received a credit.
The customer service provided by this company was horrendous. I urge you to save yourself a lot of time, frustration and money and purchase from a more reputable source.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2013 03:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SouthSmoke/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28208/SouthSmoke-southsmokecom-Global-Hookah-District-poor-customer-service-damaged-items-wr-1090759. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SouthSmoke

Report Contains False Information

AUTHOR: SouthSmoke.com - ()

Dear Online Community,

We have reviewed the records of this report and unfortunately it is false and does not contain accurate information.

All information has been forwarded to our legal team for further consideration and action.

Thank you.

Southsmoke playing games once again

AUTHOR: shotcaller88 - ()

I am most definitely a real customer. It appears you have poor records in addition to poor service and products. order# 11379424

Response To False Complaint

AUTHOR: SouthSmoke.com - ()

Dear Online Community,

We have no record of a customer by this name at this location with such a concern. Our company would not charge a restocking fee on a return with such issues. The individual may visit our web site and submit an online support ticket with any concerns as we have reviewed all records and do not have any such returns, inquiries, or complaints.

We have forwarded all correspondence to our legal team for further review and action. We maintain an honorable and reputable company with over eleven years of service to the community with tens of thousands of satisfied customers.

We go above and beyond to help each and every one of our customers and will continue to serve the community in such a manner. We are more than able and willing to assist each and every customer with their concerns but again, we do not tolorate false claims made on such sites.

Thank you.