Complaint Review: SouthSmoke.com

*UPDATE Employee: This person refuses to speak the truth

*Author of original report: Global Hookah Is Wrong

*UPDATE Employee: Person filing report is not truthful

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Issue resolved

*Author of original report: Company is a joke...

*UPDATE Employee: Customer not truthful

*Author of original report: Canceled my gift credit.

*UPDATE Employee: Response To Consumer Complaint

This company will screw you over if anything goes wrong with your order.  On top of that, they cannot help you over the phone.  You have to email back and forth which takes a long time from them.

I had two defective products in my order.  They shipped one replacement which was good.  The second however they made me contact the manufacturer to troubleshoot a one button e-cig.  Nothing could be done and so Brennan insisted I keep contacting them.  A few emails later he tells me they will give me a one time courtesy credit.

If I have a defective product, your telling me only once can I receive credit?!  I asked for a replacement or refund and was strung along for 3 days worth of emailing back and forth.  They refused to refund and said it's too costly to ship a replacement.  I would have to pay for the shipping to receive a replacement for my defective product.

I contacted Jennifer who then tries to pull off a big lie stating I got a free hookah, discount with my order.  Yes any customer who spends a lot of money gets a free item of their choice and with enough money spent you get a tiny $10 or so gift card.

Anyway They proceeded to now say, okay we will give you a free e-cig just tell us when you will order.  So I did and never heard a thing from them.  Calling them results in more bulls**t being spewed that a credit is good enough and you cannot talk to a manager.

Brennan hides behind his computer screen and tells me you have a giftcard and thats all your gonna get from us.  No refund or replacement.

Horrible customer service and totally incompetent.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2013 01:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SouthSmokecom/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28273/SouthSmokecom-Customer-Service-Is-Horrific-Charlotte-North-Carolina-1009287. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SouthSmoke.com

This person refuses to speak the truth

Dear Online Community,

The comments posted by this user are not truthful and contain false information.

The identity and location of this posting are also not valid.

We maintain a reputable and honorable company that has been in operation for over ten years with thousands and thousands of satisfied customers.

This user continues to make up false information about our company as well as themselves for which we have forwarded all correspondence to our legal team for further review and action.

We go above and beyond to help each and every one of our customers and will continue to serve the community in such a manner.

It is a shame that this person continues to justify their cause through inappropriate language and false information being presented. New allegations continue to be presented from this person with no basis which were not even part of the original concern and are not even true.

At the end of the day we have resolved this issue and this person continues down a path of providing inaccurate information with nothing better to do.

All concerns were addressed and all issues were replaced through physical replacements or gift cards being provided as per our clearly presented policies.

Global Hookah Is Wrong

AUTHOR: Joey 2 Tone - ()

This company has made it clear they will refuse to refund or replace my defective product.  The principal is more important here than the item or money.  No company should be allowed to do what pleases them and in return the consumer gets rooked.  Nickle and dimming your customer is despicable.  If you're offered a credit, you then make the customer pay for shipping??  I did receive credit but it was canceled shortly after and they refuse to issue me a refund still.  The owner of this company fails to grasp the concept of business oriented standards.  I came here to tell my horrible experience with southsmoke.  Nothing more.  If the owner of this company wants to repeat himself over and over again and try to cover up is wrong doing by calling me a liar, I pity him.

I'm done here.  You the consumer can decide for yourself if you want to do business with them.  I however will not.  Best of luck to you, the consumer.

Person filing report is not truthful

#4 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Issue resolved

AUTHOR: SouthSmoke.com - ()

Nothing contained in this report is true.

Company is a joke...

AUTHOR: Joey 2 Tone - ()

The only thing this dump of a company is good at, is point fingers and calling their customers liars.  They offer no refunds or replacements on defective products.  Oh they will give you credit you just have to pay for the $10 shipping.  That seems fair right?  There are much better companies out there.  Their website also shows incorrect photos and descriptions.  I received a boot leg Mya product.  No wonder it was so cheap.

Unprofessional is an under statement when dealing with these clowns.  Incompetent and no customer relation knowledge.  Make a quick buck and if a customer needs help, make them jump through hoops and belittle themselves to their low standards.  I had good amusement from seeing how pathetic the owner of this company truly is.  Stooping to dirt low, scum tactics trying to defend himself.

Global Hookah are crooks.

Customer not truthful

AUTHOR: SouthSmoke.com - (United States of America)

Canceled my gift credit.

AUTHOR: Joey 2 Tone - (United States of America)

Everything I've stated is true and correct.  I've never dealt with such a company that hassles their customer's for defective items.  Actually if you do a little bit of Google searching, your company has some pretty rotten reviews, all similar too.

It's been a few weeks since I received a gift credit for my defective product.  Although I asked if possible to receive a refund instead, I was told gift credit cannot be canceled once created.  I tried to use this gift credit number which is to be submitted into the submit code section before placing an order.

My code is now expired.  It's not invalid, it has not been used.  It states expired.  I have an email stating that I can use it up until 2016.  So now it appears you decided to cancel my gift credit?  I sure hope that's not the case because that makes your company look extremely bad.  Unprofessional.  I'm sure there's some explanation for this and not just being spiteful.  I've attempted to email you several times now and I received nothing back.  Calling, I am told I need to contact via the website email.  I've done so and no response.  F-

Response To Consumer Complaint

AUTHOR: SouthSmoke.com - (United States of America)

Dear Joey,

We regret to hear that you are experiencing issues with SouthSmoke.com.

SouthSmoke.com is the leading provider of Hookah merchandise, offering the lowest prices, best support, and fastest shipping times in the industry. We have been in operation for over 10 years and have nothing but positive reviews and feedback from end consumers as well as businesses of all sizes.

Unfortunately, you feel that we have let you down for which we apologize. The most important thing to understand is that when submitting a complaint or concern, the information presented must be 100% accurate. Please consider and understand that such communication is not always protected by freedom of speech, especially when the truth is not presented fairly and accurately. It seems that your story is missing many areas and the facts are not completely correct, making the story appear very one sided. Also, one must be professional when communicating with a company and inappropriate language and profanity will not be tolerated in any manner towards a company, its employees, etc. Professionalism is very important in fair dealings with a company.

A relationship with a company involves mutual respect for one another and although the information presented is not correct and we have forwarded your communication to our legal team for consideration, we still stand by our products, employees, and most importantly, our customers.

When you make an online order, it is important to read the Return Policy, Exchange Policy, and Terms of Service as you are creating a contract when agreeing to such terms. It is important to understand your rights and to understand the rights that the company has as well with whom you are working with. When you agree to a contract, then you should understand clearly how such claims are resolved and the options that are available, especially when multiple claims are filed on the same order over a period of time. Typically, one claim is reported per order and not multiple claims on multiple occasions.

We can go into great detail regarding this situation and the efforts we made to resolve your inquiry but at the end of the day, it will just be a back and forth response leading to a bunch of wasted time between both parties. We understand that everyone's time is valuable and we also respect the consumers and the public's right to receiving accurate information that can be relied upon.

We highly recommend at this time that you please visit our web site and submit an online support ticket with all of your contact information so that a member of our executive team may contact you directly to resolve any and all concerns that you have regarding your experience. We want to make sure that each and every customer is satisfied but we also want you to understand your rights and how to better handle such an inquiry for the future. Please be fully aware that such communication must be respectful, courteous, and professional as that is the setting that our company will only promote.

We hope that you will take this opportunity and communicate with us so that this matter may be handled in an appropriate manner. Thank you for your assistance and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Baker