Complaint Review: SouthWest Audio

• Reported By:Glendale Arizona
SouthWest Audio
Glendale, Arizona U.S.A.

Southwest Audio Ripoff scam Glendale Arizona

I had pulled out onto Bell Road and was heading over to visit my girlfriend in Surprise. I had driven for about 2 miles when 2 young men in their 20's began yelling at me from their Tan/Gold late model (2005/2006) Ford Explorer. My vehicle had been leaking radiator fluid earlier, so after rolling my eyes in discontent, I pulled over to the nearest parking lot to see what was wrong with my car.

To my surprise, the 2 men in their SUV followed me and parked next to my vehicle. They gave me the same story as they had apparently given everyone else who complained about this Southwest Audio ripoff crap. They had been given extra surround-sound systems and had to get rid of them before they met up with their boss, who would just take them and sell them at full price for himself. Although this had never happened to me, these fast-talkers had me convinced that these expensive speakers could be mine for a hookup price.

I remember how eager they were to get rid of these things so quickly. The first male did all the talking, he was Italian, about 5'11" with black hair, while the passenger, White male with brown/blond hair and a lip ring, waited patiently in the car. After forking over $200, he loaded the box into the back of my car, shook my hand and said goodbye, but not before giving me a fake number he could be contacted at.

Although this story with SouthWest Audio goes the same as everyone else's, there are 2 variables that highlight this one.

1. These scam artists have been operating back since 2002, when about all of the other reports on this company had been filed, which means now in August of 2007, they are still in the game of ripping off unsuspecting drivers.

2. All other reports filed indicated that these animals were operating out of Austin, Texas. I was scammed her in Glendale, Arizona, which leads me to fear that they may have chosen Arizona as their new location to scam others.

Remember, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. Stick to buying your electronics and other goods from the store, no matter how legit the deal seems. I just hope someone reads this before they are bitten.

Xj
Glendale, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2007 01:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SouthWest-Audio/Glendale-Arizona/Southwest-Audio-Ripoff-scam-Glendale-Arizona-264865. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SouthWest Audio