Complaint Review: Southbay expressway

• Reported By: Armyboy — Chula vista California United States of America
Southbay expressway

Southbay expressway No mercy for returning military, Internet

*Consumer Comment: comment to the moron Armyboy

*Consumer Comment: Why should you (or me) get special treatment?

*Author of original report: :)

*Consumer Comment: comment

*Author of original report: You

*Author of original report: Yes

*Consumer Comment: I'm also an army veteran...

*Consumer Comment: reply

*Author of original report: Wow

*Consumer Comment: Why should others have to pay, but YOU be given a pass on the fees?

*Author of original report: Reachn out

*Consumer Comment: comment

My names Ricardo I was activated and deployed to afganistian. MY ex wife at the time had my car and went through the toll roads for southbay express way. When I returned home there was a lien on my registration. Icalled to propose a settlement explaining my situation, they did not care they wanted1500 dollars I don't haved that money. The car is my respnsoblity but I belive expections can be made for my circumstance. This is a total scam unbeliavble to say the least

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2012 09:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Southbay-expressway/internet/Southbay-expressway-No-mercy-for-returning-military-Internet-954697. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Southbay expressway

comment to the moron Armyboy

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (USA)

"I'm sure your husband and daughter won the medal of honor plenty of times and your husband probley had it worse bein carrer AIRFORCE. We all know how bad those guys get treated sitting in AC in all lol... "

You're an idiot. first of all, no one WINS the MOH. It's not a contest. It is AWARDED for heroic action.

Second, my husband wasn't in the AF, he was in the regular Army, and an Infantry Officer to boot.  He's seen more combat than you have, and I have great respect for his service, and those who served with him. My daughter is AF, and has never been in an environment with air conditioning. She's a medic and is either treating the wounded in a MASH-type hospital, or triaging them on the flightline. Right now she's on an Operational Readiness exercise in a part of the country where it's hot and all she does is sweat while she works. It's not easy work and to suggest otherwise is an insult to her and her fellow airmen.

Based on your lack of writing and spelling skills, you're not a native English speaker. So perhaps you'd be happier in your home country?

Why should you (or me) get special treatment?

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

When I served my time during the Vietnam era, the draft was in effect and those serving deserved the respect. I still signed up for a longer hitch to get a school I wanted.  It paid off later when I left the service.

It's great that people still volunteer to serve, but they no longer are drafted or coerced into serving.

If I haven't been clear here, NOBODY needs to give you special treatment.  It's great when they do, but you really shouldn't expect it. It's too easy to use your status as a crutch.

AUTHOR: Armyboy - (United States of America)

aww to be a women.. I'm sure your husband and daughter won the medal of honor plenty of times and your husband probley had it worse bein carrer AIRFORCE. We all know how bad those guys get treated sitting in AC in all lol... Thxs for the info killer....Sounds like the best part of everything you said came outta ur a and ended up as a brown stain on your mattress.....

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (USA)

"To the lady who says shes a vet all do respect but being parttime in the military is by no compare and being in kuwait is a mini vacation:)"

That may be true.  But my daughter - the AF Reservist - VOLUNTEERED for and completed TWO tours in Afghanistan, one in Iraq, and another on the flightline at Ramstein triaging the returning troops.  So stop whining.  In addition, my husband served MANY combat tours during his years, and I never blew through toll booths and then tried to get out of paying the price.  I will admit to leaving Germany without paying a speeding ticket, but only because we were ready to PCS anyway :-)

Man up.

You

AUTHOR: Armyboy - (United States of America)

To the guy that said your vet... No ones blaming anything on anyone oldman lol all I said is my ex took the car,and went through toll roads and left me with the bill... To the lady who says shes a vet all do respect but being parttime in the military is by no compare and being in kuwait is a mini vacation:)

The guy who called my junior... U sound like a fat guy that proably didnt make it outa bootcamp..

Anyhow I got what I wanted.... In the future if you guys cant help that dont say nothing at all

AUTHOR: Armyboy - (United States of America)

I settled with them at a lower price... They emailed me back since thursday... Great

I'm also an army veteran...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

but I'm man enough NOT to blame others for MY problems...grow up, junior.

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (USA)

Actually, I AM a veteran, and the former wife of a retired career officer, the mother of an Air Force Reservist, and the mother in law of an active duty soldier who is currently in Kuwait.  So I know a little about overseas deployments and still feel little sympathy for you.  There are lots of instances where a small screw up (think overdrawing your checking account by a dollar) will result in a huge fine.  That's the nature of the beast.

The fact that you were out of the country is irrelevant, unless your ex STOLE the car and you didn't know right away. But if she had permission to drive it, the blame resides with her.

Take your ex to court.

Wow

AUTHOR: Armyboy - (United States of America)

Man up? Haha YOUR 9 to 5 flipping bugers or banking or whatever civilan job you do has no.comparision to what ive done or seen. You sir are very disrespectful.. Fair to others? Like I said my status is not like others and I have every rite to use my military status I earned it 6 years in ARMY, 2 tours Iraq, Afganistian...Yup I voulentered but civilans like you are just ignorant how you.think what you do comes close to our work.

Why should others have to pay, but YOU be given a pass on the fees?

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

That wouldn't be fair to others in the same situation.

How, exactly, is this a "total scam?"

Man up and take your ex to small claims court for the money.

Stop using your serviceman status to make excuses.

Reachn out

AUTHOR: Armyboy - (United States of America)

Maybe its a ripoff cause I was in another country at the time.. Maybe the fact the toll is $3 and the fine is 100$ and this road was helped made by taxpayers to start.. Im not sure if you ever served but it would be nice for people to relize every veteran concern, I think we at least earned that rite since we are the 1 percent that are committed to a bigger cause. The security of our country, exeptions can be made for my situation .

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (USA)

There are plenty of returning vets who have legitimate complaints, but yours isn't one of them. Your problem is with your ex-wife who didn't pay the tolls.  How is this a rip off?