Complaint Review: Southeastern Auto Auction

• Reported By: frediab — Savannah Georgia United States of America
Southeastern Auto Auction
1712 Dean Forest Rd Savannah, Georgia United States of America

Southeastern Auto Auction Lied to Make a Sale Savannah, Georgia

I purchased a SUV on Thursday, Dec. 13, 2012 from Southeastern Auto Auction. When I purchased the vehicle I was informed that if wanted to return the vehicle I could do so by Monday.

On Monday while driving my nephew to after school tutorials the steering wheel locked and the car shut completely off. It was raining hard that day, so am not sure if that had anything to do with that. Of course, I called Southeastern Auto Auction right away to try to get my money back. However, they took my vehicle to "see what they could do."

The next day the staff at Southeastern Auto Auction reported that they found no such problem after their test drive.  On the phone I was told that I could come in for an additional test drive with a staff member. However, when I arrived the staff informed me that they would need to perform another test drive of 25 miles. This test drive also revealed no such problem. I did not receive any kind of word that they had looked under the hood at all.

The test completed by Southeastern Auto Auction were done on a sunny day with no rain or wet roads. Although I understand that they cannot make it rain to duplicate the conditions which may have caused the steering wheel lockup and the car to shut off. I thought the staff could have done more, maybe hold the car longer or have me return the car on day that it rained.

The staff did not seem to care that I could have been injured or killed in a car they sold me only 5 days prior. They informed me that I could not return the car although their staff had told me otherwise while I signed paperwork to purchase the vehicle. I think that I deserved better service after spending $3,000.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2012 07:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Southeastern-Auto-Auction/Savannah-Georgia-31408/Southeastern-Auto-Auction-Lied-to-Make-a-Sale-Savannah-Georgia-984074. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Southeastern Auto Auction