Complaint Review: Southeastern Outdoor Products of FL

• Updated: Mon, December 20, 2010

• Reported By: Carolyn — Jacksonville Florida United States of America
Southeastern Outdoor Products of FL
800 N Pine Ave Ocala, Florida United States of America

Southeastern Outdoor Products of FL Used Ace Hardware to swindle me on a metal carport Ocala, Florida

My husband visited Ace Hardware, saw a metal carport and brought the brochure to me for review. We visited the store and purchased a 15 X 20 metal carport. They are a dealer for Southeastern Outdoor Products, Inc.

When they came to install it, I gave them the payment information and my husband stayed home while they installed it.

What unnerved me was that they did not have a permit and when I called about it was told that it would cost an additional $100 for the document I needed for the permit. I also noticed that the display in the store, the picture in the brochure and the statement on the brochure all have 5 legs listed. (This would be 5 on each side). We only have four. When questioned we were told we purchased the economy model.

No one at Ace Hardware or at Southeastern Outdoor Products,Inc made mention that we were not going to get what was displayed and reported.

I want them to take down what they put up and install what I purchased. This is blatant deceit and I would like to know what I can do about it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2010 02:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Southeastern-Outdoor-Products-of-FL/Ocala-Florida-34475/Southeastern-Outdoor-Products-of-FL-Used-Ace-Hardware-to-swindle-me-on-a-metal-carport-Oc-673645. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Southeastern Outdoor Products of FL