thousands

• Updated: Sun, March 24, 2013

• Reported By: Stephanie — Villa Park California
Southern Cal moving and storage
42180 Zevo Drive Temecula, California United States of America

Southern Cal moving and storage Priceless antiques and family heirlooms stolen by these crooks!!! Temecula, California

I want to share my experience with this corrupt company in hopes that it will prevent others from going through the same heartbreaking ordeal.

In 1994 I went through a nasty divorce and I lost my home and most everything I had. The possessions that were most precious to me were my late grandmother's antiques. It was of utmost importance to me to find a safe, protected place to store these items.I felt a responsibility to my late grandmother to protect the things she loved so dearly. I looked up storage places and I decided on Southern Cal Moving and Storage. What a fateful mistake.

Due to life circumstances my possessions were in storage for 19 years. I felt confident that although my belongings were not with me, that they were safe and being well taken care of. I couldn't have been more wrong.

On March 23rd, 2013 I finally went to move all my items out of storage. I felt very happy and excited to see my things and bring them home. When I checked in at the front desk, I was given an inventory list. I then asked about my two sofas that supposedly had been stored in a seperate area, shrink wrapped and climate controlled. I was informed by the un-caring receptionist that the two sofas ( one of them a 125 year old heirloom Victorian Sofa) had been checked out in 2002. She said that I was the one who had checked them out. The paperwork showed that they had marked them as checked out, but there was no signature on the paperwork. I NEVER checked out these items. I was treated like I was under suspicion . I stated that I had not taken the sofa's out, and that they needed to find them!!

My vaults were brought down and I started loading my things onto the truck. I was horrified to find that alot of my things were broken, damaged or missing altogether.

Here is a List of just some of the things .....

Missing- Antique Marble table, two sofa's

Broken- chest of drawers smashed to pieces, stained glass nightstand, broken glass on a book shelf, piece broken off a chair.

Damaged- water spots on all furniture, chunks out of wood on most everything.

Stolen- Two sofa's ( one a valuable antique) one regular sofa and a large marble table top.

I am devastated. Please don't let this happen to you and your family.

IF YOUR THINGS ARE IMPORTANT TO YOU, DON'T USE SOUTHERN CAL MOVING AND STORAGE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2013 09:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Southern-Cal-moving-and-storage/Temecula-California-92590/Southern-Cal-moving-and-storage-Priceless-antiques-and-family-heirlooms-stolen-by-these-c-1037553. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Southern Cal moving and storage