Complaint Review: Southern Calif Edison

• Submitted: Thu, March 10, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, March 10, 2011

• Reported By: Marie — mountain property California U.S.A.
Southern Calif Edison
rosemead, California United States of America

Southern Calif Edison Voided agreement rosemead, California

My residence experienced a power outage of approx. 16 hours with 20 degree temps and snow on the ground.  I called SCE and was told by a customer care SCE agent on the phone to evacuate my residence at once and that I would receive a call to my cell when power was restored and it was safe to return.  My husband is in a wheel chair, uses a service animal and a heating pad for constant pain relief.  The agent instructed me to check into a hotel to get care for my disabled spouse and his animal.  A case was filed and I was instructed to send all associated receipts to SCE for my claim.  7 weeks following the outage, I received  a letter from SCE stating that the outage was not their fault as a car had hit a power pole which caused the outage.  I called the claims dept and was told that I had to file a small claims suit with SCE to try to collect for my damages.  This is absolutely abusive and a complete contradiction from what I was instructed to do from SCE at the time of the incident.

Never trust SCE to make good on their instruction or agreement.  They are a fradulent company and do not follow through on their "customer care".  They do not care about their disabled customers and do not have a "customer care" policy.  I will be forwarding this complaint to the dept of Justice as well.  SHAME ON SCE

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2011 06:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Southern-Calif-Edison/rosemead-California-91770/Southern-Calif-Edison-Voided-agreement-rosemead-California-705085. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Southern Calif Edison