Complaint Review: Southern California Edison

• Submitted: Fri, May 04, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, May 04, 2012

• Reported By: Erik T. — la habra California United States of America
Southern California Edison
Southern California Edison P.O. Box 6400 Rancho Cucamonga, California United States of America

Southern California Edison So Cal Edison, SCE Edison illegally transferred my sister's outstanding balance to my account Rancho Cucamonga, California

The bills for my electricity service at my apartment had been normal for 2 or 3 months and I unexpectedly received a bill with a miscellaneous transfer to my account for over $377.  I called Edison and their rep told me that the transfer was because my sister had called them and told them that she wasnt living there at the time and that I was the new tenant.  Therefore Edison decided that they had enough information to transfer her bill to mine because my sister wasnt paying for her outstanding they assumed that what she was telling the was correct so they posted her balance onto my account.  I was contacted to verify what she had said. They never sent me any kind of notice to let me know that they were going to charge me for her bill unless I could prove it otherwise. Even after submitting proof of my previous address and that I didnt live there at the time, I faxed over my lease and other documents that proved that I resided at another address, they just said it was never received and the charges were never reversed. I asked to hear the recording of the phone call that my sister made and they just told me that they had to retrieve and I never got  a call back.  After two years I'm still battling this issue and still have no resolution to this problem. My sister somehow calls and passes herself off as if she were me and Edison keeps giving her my information on this matter.  When she first called and was asked her to provide the proof that I lived there her answer was " Me and her dont talk like that so I cant get any of that", and that was enough for them to transfer her bill to mine.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2012 09:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Southern-California-Edison/Rancho-Cucamonga-California-91729/Southern-California-Edison-So-Cal-Edison-SCE-Edison-illegally-transferred-my-sisters-out-878666. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Southern California Edison