Complaint Review: Southern California Edison

• Submitted: Sun, June 08, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, June 08, 2008

• Reported By:San Diego California
Southern California Edison
P.O. Box 800 Rosemead, California U.S.A.

Southern California Edison Getting the run around on updating my credit report Rosemead California

I canceled my service with SCE when I moved to San Diego. I sent in my final bill electronically, but due to the account being low on funds it was refused. I never got a bill telling me that this had happened and I needed to still pay.

So I check my credit annually, and I see SCE on there. Of course I call to see what happened. They tell me my final bill was never paid, so I pay it over the phone. I eat the $5 charge to pay by check over the phone to get it done immediately so the issue can be resolved.

I received a letter in the mail about a week later saying I was all paid up and that they would update my credit report to reflect such. That was 4/7/08, it's now been over 60 days, I have called several times to see about getting the status updated. The last fellow I talked to told me he would send in an update request manually.

I guess that never happened because here I am still in limbo. This is terrible customer service, I've been bounced all over the place and finally ended up just sending in my receipt for payment to the big three.

When did helping someone in a timely fashion become a thing of the past?

San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2008 07:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Southern-California-Edison/Rosemead-California-91770/Southern-California-Edison-Getting-the-run-around-on-updating-my-credit-report-Rosemead-Ca-338298. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Southern California Edison