Complaint Review: Southern California Edison

• Updated: Tue, January 25, 2011

• Reported By: Trevor — Ventura California United States of America
Southern California Edison
244 Walnut Grove Ave Rosemead, California United States of America

Southern California Edison SCE Another Viictim of the SCE Monopoly Rosemead, California

*Consumer Comment: sce

*Author of original report: Southern California Edison Monopoly

My experience as a victim of the Southern California Edison Monopoly

We paid our bill, but Southern California Edison ( SCE ) didn't agree. So they sent someone to 1) turn off our power and then 2) knock on our door (in that order).

"Well", I thought, "mistakes happen, so I'll just pay what they want, plus the $250 Reconnection fee, then sort it out later and get my money back.

However, they refused to refund the penaly, even after I recorded an SCE service rep stating that it was an error on their part. That is the first half of my victimization by SCE. But wait ... it gets much better (or much worse).

The following month my electricity was shut off again, using the same monopolistically evil method ... 1) SCE person disables my power 2) Then knocks on my door.

It mysteriously turns out that there was an additional penalty - one listed under a separate account number. Basically, they created a new account record for me, listed a penalty fee under that record, and then "expected" I was aware of it.

Though of course, because SEC / Southern California Edison is a monopoly, ( meaning that I have no other way to get electricity other than through them), I paid the $250 reconnection fee ... a second time.

So .. how ya like them apples?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2010 07:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Southern-California-Edison/Rosemead-California-91770/Southern-California-Edison-SCE-Another-Viictim-of-the-SCE-Monopoly-Rosemead-California-672466. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Southern California Edison

sce

AUTHOR: lid - (United States of America)

we not only pay sce a heafty fee but also must pay the fee sce charges our water company to pump the water to the tanks that deliver water to hundreds of residences here it is added to our water bill. sce put in our new smart meter, our bill went up $100 due to the new increased usage, yet we have not added anything to warrent the increase. when will the puc step in and start looking into this? if everyone would add up all their sce charges they'd be outraged at how much they've paid for the last 20 years, it's unbelievable, absolutly unbelievable!

Southern California Edison Monopoly

AUTHOR: eltrev - (United States of America)

parked.